Friday, July 5, 2013

Why, Kora, why?

Day 101 (Wednesday):

Well this is attempt number 2.  I'm already 3 days behind! Ack!  We were out late on Wednesday because we went to cell group, and I was too tired when we got home, then we left the next day to visit co-workers for the 4th of July.  They work at a bible training center here in Thailand.  Doug had visited a long time ago, but it was my first time visiting.  Okay, so the plan is to catch you up on Wednesday, then I'll do a separate post about our trip. Ready, set, go...

Kora is into everything.  She is a full time job, like 24/7, not just 8 hours a day, like every waking hour of her day plus sometimes overnight.  Love her so much and cannot imagine life without her.  She is happiness itself most of them time and doesn't get too deterred by being told "no"....we're working on that.

That being said, here's how Wednesday went.  I had lunch with my good friend and language consultant Janna.  I cannot say enough how thankful I am for her.  Our time together on Wednesday was particularly good and encouraging.  She's put up with a lot from us as we've maneuvered through things here and she's never quit trying.  Wish I'd gotten a picture at lunch, but I was too focused on drinking!  I was so thirsty and even after lunch when we went back to our foundation office, I got another cup of water and took some for the road.
Crazy to think I used to not drive here. The whole first year we lived here I only drove one time.  I finally bit the bullet and now I drive quite often and it's nice.  I enjoy it for the most part, I especially love seeing cool things like this!

When I got home, we were all planning to run a couple errands, but Doug volunteered to go by himself so Kora could get her nap.  While we were discussing where all he needed to go and what he needed to do, Kora did this...
This is Doug's water cup, it has a tiny whole at the top to fit a straw in, Kora had to work hard to get this water everywhere. But when she puts her mind to something, she can do it!

When Doug got back from running errands, he entertained Kora while I made dinner.
Watching a video of herself laughing when she was just a few months old.

I may have gotten distracted while I was making dinner and felt the NEED to make this...


I didn't make the topping that came with the recipe, but I still have leftover buttercream frosting from Doug's birthday cake.  The cake itself was not quite sweet enough and tasted a little too salty, but I used all natural peanut butter, so that could have accounted for that.  I'd tweak this recipe a little next time, but I definitely make it again.  Trying not to feel too bad about eating this before my dinner, at least since it was a single serving, there's no leftovers to tempt me. That's good, right?
Yum in a mug.

After dinner, I found Kora in the kitchen doing this....
Why, Kora, why? Look at the guilt all over her face.  She's precious.

Just doing what I do, mom!

After dinner, we relaxed a bit before we headed out to cell group.  It's a great chance to fellowship with our Thai church family and our kids love playing with their friends and eating yummy snacks after.  So thankful for them!
Kees playing.

These things are so cool!

Kora found a new place to sit. All the rest of us were on the floor, but she thought this couch would be comfy!

Batman Kees.

Kora doesn't have any barbies or dolls like these, she was excited to discover them.

She was dancing and lifting this doll up during the singing time.

Box milk!

Purple/pink dragon fruit and pineapple!  She's a mess, but she's my mess and I love her. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment