Sunday, July 7, 2013

And then I pulled a Michael Jackson, and dangled Kora out a window.

Day 105:

Does anyone remember this?
yeah...


Today at church, I did something similar with Kora, on accident, but it wasn't that high up and I didn't put a napkin on her head.  I'll get to that later.

First, I saw a friend of mine who is in another Asian country volunteering say that where she lives, when you think there is a bug on you, there IS a bug on you. And I thought about adding, and when you think you see something out of the corner of your eye, you probably did.  Then today, as I was looking out the window with Kora, not dangling her out just yet, hold your horses, I saw what looked like a squirrel tail run into a blue gutter.  Then, it poked it's head out and it looked like a possum face.  So sad I didn't snap a picture in time!  Wish I knew what that thing was!

As usual I got my cardio for the week or century by chasing Kora all over the place. And despite my best efforts she always makes it to the very front at least once every Sunday.  This time I blame Doug. She walked right past him and I thought he'd grab her, and then I wasn't fast enough to get her before she made her way up there.  That girl is a mess! My mom recently reminded me that she won't be 2 forever (she's technically just shy of 19 months), but you get the point.  What I heard was: "She's 2 for now, then you'll blink and she'll be a teenager."  Cannot even imagine the conversations we'll have.  She might be a mess, but she's fun and she keeps us on our toes.

My friend Amanda was in town, and when she used to live in Chiang Mai she was involved with our Thai church. So we got to see her, yay!


This is the gutter I was staring at waiting for the opossum to come back out.


Her Thai is awesome, she's my hero.

I have a few pictures of some of our adventures throughout the service this morning and I think you'll be exhausted after just looking at them.  And let me tell you I was hot and sweaty.
Kees is working in a Highlights magazine that we got in our package from Gramee and Grampa. This kept him busy most of the service, so thank you!

I could have stopped her, but she was quiet, virtually immobile, and this killed 3 whole glorious minutes.

The world is her jungle gym.

Just loving life.

More climbing.

Resting.

She loves turning things into beds, as if she sleeps.

They're a little blurry, but you get the gist. My dad bought those outfits for them and sent them in the package as well. I literally could not be more pleased. I LOVE bright colors and my daddy.

Please tell me you didn't steal from the offering...

Amanda gave me a little break.

Here's the window incident, I was trying to get a picture of her, so I was only holding on with one hand, and she started sliding down.  No worries, she didn't fall out, and I decided maybe letting her sit on the window ledge wasn't the smartest or best mothering decision I've ever made.

After church was over, we ate lunch. Today was potluck and I brought a cheese ball. They loved it. I made it once before, and they'd been requesting it.  I should be honest and say that one lady didn't like it and was trying really hard not to spit it out.  Doug ran Amanda to the airport and took both kids, in the mean time I set up for baking class. We made those yummy cinnamon cream cheese roll up things. It was perfect. It was easy and there was plenty of jobs, so everyone could help.
Baking Class!

After I took this picture they started doing 3 or 4 slices at a time.

Everyone was helping.

Making coffee, I guess I neglected to tell Doug about Kora's near death experience, he's holding her awfully close to the edge.

Pi Somsak making coffee.

I took this picture because Grandma was stirring her coffee with the wrapper.  I love the resourcefulness I see here!

He said these treats were good, but they didn't need to be rolled in the extra sugar.  What? To each his own I suppose. :)

Kora has some water in the cup, I should have nipped this in the bud.....

She poured it onto the concrete and was very upset that I made her "walk away".  She here's that phrase a lot.

Kora wants this calculator, and our friend is trying to jump out the window, perhaps I should make a public service announcement about these windows.
While the last batch was baking, my kids played at the pastor's house. Kora found some leftover snack and helped herself. As they were munching, I looked over to see everyone was praying. I asked Doug later what they were praying for and he said they were praying for all their family.  I sure have been blessed by our brothers and sisters here.  They have shown us nothing but kindness and love.
Playing with her friends.
Someone left these treats unattended.

Yum!


One for each hand, don't mind if I do.

Praying.

She let Kees have one, what a great sister!

We got home, relaxed a bit, then had some visitors.  First, Pa Noi and Pi Jam, and then my friend Janna.
Kees saying hello, well "Sa Wa Dee Kap" to be exact.

This dress came with a hat, Kora rejected it.  Also please disregard my slouchy shirt.

It was a full and happy day.

1 comment:

  1. great pics as usual and love the sharing of the treats!God's best for you all continually!Grandpabooo

    ReplyDelete