Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Case of the Exploded Truck Window

Day 112 (Sunday):
On our way to breakfast, we discovered this. Yep, the back window EXPLODED.  Doug's looking into getting that fixed some time this week. Hoping it's not too expensive.
What happened?
These next few days at the resort are kind of a blur, maybe the pictures will refresh my memory. I spent a lot of time praying, reading my bible, crying, questioning, discussing things with Doug, questioning some more, answering Kees's questions and trying to walk him through what's happening.  It's been full of ups and downs, but I know we have to go through this right now, and I know God knows what we are feeling and he is going to use this time to conform us to the image of his son.  I keep processing my emotions, and re-processing them, always landing on the goodness of God and how his love is sufficient.  I have many moments of clarity and trust, but I feel like Peter, like I took one step of faith, but it's so hard to keep trusting and follow through.  Peter didn't keep his eyes on Jesus, he started looking around at his circumstances and trying to lean on his own understanding of how things ought to be.  But, like those verses I posted, I am repeating to myself over and over to "not lean on my feeble understanding" and to continue to acknowledge him every. single. second. And I do mean second.  Trying to embrace this time and remember all the times in the past that God has shown himself faithful.  Again, it's a constant struggle, taking a step in faith isn't one step, it's a continual process, focusing on Christ and trusting him.


Reading

Leaning on the left leg.

She is still busy and climbing.

This girl can put some meat away.

Watching Veggie Tales.

Day 113 (Monday):

Okay, I honestly don't remember much of Monday, but here are some pictures from that day around the resort. I'm reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan, praying, and making sure I eat and the kids eat.  It's nice the hotel included breakfast and the restaurant food was good and cheap.  Kora is kind of crazy, and I've been desperate more than once while at the hotel wishing we had grandparents handy to distract her since Mommy is on the cusp of insanity at any given moment.  But if I've learned anything, I've learned that God will not allow your circumstances to get worse and then step away. I've thought/prayed many times throughout this experience: "God I can't take anymore." Then we had to take Kora to the hospital in the middle of the night, but God provided the strength and calm to face that trial. When we found the truck window busted, I couldn't have cared less, not sure if I'm just that mentally and emotionally drained or if I'm clinging so close to God that stuff like that just doesn't matter.  Either way, I know God is carrying us through when we get to weak, just like we are carrying poor Kora with her bum leg.
Her audience

View at breakfast

Dipping chocolate cereal into orange juice.

She loves ketchup

Licking jelly off her bread.

Not sure how tall he is, but he's too big, make it stop!

She's thinking...not so much.

Longest centipede ever, it was as long as Doug's foot.

Snail on the side of the wall.

Kitty.

Wishing I'd made use of this place.  I know Mark Tomlinson would have. ;)

Next time you complain about mowing your yard...yep, shears.

This tree doubled as a shower for the pool.  The water came out of a gourd that you would never expect. It was like a magical fairy land.

To turn the water on, you turned this little bird.  It was amazing.

My life, it's messy.

Swimming.

Trying to keep her entertained even though she can't walk.

Chillin'

Kees was observing that they changed the flowers out and the new ones were purple instead of white.

Love

She climbed up there herself.

Sometimes Kees cooperates.

I cut his hair after seeing this picture.

I talked Doug into asking if they'd take us for a golf cart ride around the golf course. I wasn't gonna go since I was frazzled from general Kora chasing, but I HATE to miss anything, so I joined them.

Kora climbed up front with me.

Just checking things out.

Best shot I got of the view.

After our ride, we got ice cream. Kora liked the whipped cream.

Kees said, "Where's the cherry? They tricked us!"  I'm not making that up and I didn't have him pose for this picture, it really happened like this.  Love that kid.

Crawling away, she is one determined lady.

Waiting on Momma and Kora.

Pineapple rice

Reading books with Daddy

Playing hide and seek with Daddy, he was hiding in the space between the bed and the wall.


2 comments:

  1. GREAT PICS AGAIN!HOPE KORA HEALS FAST,HARD TO SEE HER NOT BEING ABLE TO WALK!GUESS YOU ALREADY OUT OF YOUR RENTAL HOUSE,SOMETIME THE HEAT WILL SHATTER GLASS, HOPE IT WAS NOT A BREAK IN!MAY GOD PROTECT AND KEEP YOU AS YOU JOURNEY HOME!LOVE AND PRAYERS GRANDPABOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Kora not being able to walk is so sad. Doug feels terrible, I'm just thankful it will heal and she isn't complaining too much about it hurting.

    ReplyDelete