Sunday, July 21, 2013

A squished mouse and two jing joks in a truck.

Day 116 (Thursday):

One thing I have loved about living in Thailand is all the adventure, maybe critter drama would be a more appropriate term. Today was boring, just sorting, packing, and running errands.  I didn't even take any pictures until we were leaving to go eat at our friend's place.  There was a dead squished mouse outside the truck we are borrowing, and then when I opened the door I saw not one, but TWO jing joks on the floor board.  Which reminded me of the time we were on a road trip, before we ever came to Thailand and there was a frog in the car.  I was NOT happy about it being in there, but we couldn't find it.  It actually ended up hopping onto Doug's arm while he was driving. Doug just calmly rolled the window down and threw it outside. If I had been in the driver's seat, we'd all be dead right now.  We have a running joke about Doug's heart rate, it's incredibly low, and he rarely does anything "fast". Even when he falls it's in slow motion. He's my steady as a rock guy, with the strongest faith in God I've ever seen. So thankful for him.  Anyway, I dug deep, got in the truck and realized that even if it crawled up Doug's leg, he wouldn't overreact. I trusted Doug based on a previous experience. :)
Dead mouse, blech.

We ate dinner with our friends, the kids played, and Kora fussed a lot. We interrupted her majesty's royal nap time and she was displeased with the court.
Playing with tractors

We had some fabulous spaghetti.


Day 117 (Friday):

Friday was the garage sale pricing day.  I was hoping to get the last of our odds and ends sorted and ready to take to a joint garage sale that our foundation was hosting in front of the office.  I was up late the night before, and then somehow got right up, started working, skipping breakfast and a shower.  One of my friends came over with her son, and I managed to sit down and eat a bowl of cereal, but never did shower.  At some point during the hub bub of prepping the stuff, our language helper Kruu Jeab came by to pick up a couch she bought from us. This is likely the last time we will see her, so we said our good-byes.  She and I both cried, glad she cried too so I didn't feel quite as bad.  Even though I was not presentable, I still had Doug take our picture together.  Nothing screams big fat foreigner like taking your picture next to a tiny Thai person. At this point, why not?
Love her so much, gonna miss her. Thankful for all the fun times we had together.


Doug and I were talking, when I found Kora, this is what she was doing, glad this drawer was empty.

 We got everything loaded, headed to the office to meet my friends husband so we could all go to lunch. We ate some really yummy Thai food. Doug dropped me off at the office to price the stuff for the garage sale and he and the kids checked in to the retreat center we'll be staying in until we leave.  All of our stuff sold so quickly that it was pretty impractical to stay at our place. There is a retreat center not to far from our house that provides all your meals and takes care of laundry. They also have an indoor and outdoor play area for the kids...necessary to entertain the lady.
Yum, yum.

This is my life. I've lost about 10 pounds recently, stress, not eating, and when it IS time to eat, I end up entertaining Kora.

Looking at the fishies.

I joined them later with a few of our co-workers to swim, but both kids were sleeping so I swam solo. It was so weird, I almost never swim without extra little people.  They hung out a little while and then headed out. Doug had to go meet someone at our house for them to pick up the drying racks we sold them.  I had a HUGE headache for most of the evening, so I was extremely glad when Doug got back with drugs for me.  He even offered to go to the garage sale the next morning so I wouldn't have to.  I was thankful to not have to look at that stuff anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment