Thursday, July 18, 2013

Another Hospital Flashback

Day 114 (Tuesday):

These days are really running together, they either go by too fast or they drag forever and seem like three days in one.  There's so many highs and lows and a lot of praying and bible reading, clinging to the truths in God's word.  I took this picture while Kees and I were walking and it is so special to me. It reminds me of all the things I have to be thankful for.  My mom gave me some awesome advice, she told me that I need to  "...grieve together and alone, draw your family close and just be your family,  answer Kees's questions, reassure Kora, and hug Doug."  That's one smart lady.  My mom is a worrier and I know this is so hard on her too, thankful she is being such an encouragement. I know she's lost a lot of sleep and tears for me over the years.  We don't always get along, because we're both sassy and outspoken, but she has always been there for me.  Can't wait till Kora is talking!  All the men in our family are gonna have to join forces and get the heck out of Dodge cause it'll be a lot of sassy outspoken ladies.
Walking through this together.

Pancakes and pineapple juice.

This girl loves watermelon and she doesn't even care about the seeds, we have to fight her so we can get the seeds out before she starts eating.

After his haircut.  He hates having hair on him, it drives him nuts. I don't give the best haircuts, but I will continue to give him his haircuts until he cares otherwise.  It's free this way.

Moth on a tree

He's cool or really dorky, but I love him (and Kees too!)

Getting into who knows what.


Day 115 (Wednesday):

Another day, another X-ray.  Really???

Wednesday was our check out day at the resort. We have lots of little odds and ends to take care of before we leave next week.  Before we left the hotel, we ate breakfast and went for one last swim. While I was swimming,  I floated by myself for a few minutes and thought about how our Christian life is like floating, you can read more about that in this other blog post.
Mmmm...watermelon

I was pointing out the number of our room to Kees, so when Kora went by she wanted to touch it too.

One last swim. Kora loved throwing those rocks in the pool.  Don't worry, we put them all back. :)

I chased him back to the room, it was exciting.


We checked out a little before lunch time, then headed back to Chiang Mai.  Doug was going to drop me off at the house and then go to our foundation office to take care of some paperwork.  I am by nature a procrastinator and did not want to be in our house of chaos without Doug, so I convinced him to take me with him. We realized everyone was probably at lunch and decided we'd eat and then go to the office. And wouldn't you know, the restaurant we picked was filled with our co-workers. We joined them for lunch and our friend Rob made me cry...he's always doing that!  He asked what our first month home was going to look like and I didn't know how to answer him. I lost it...again. When is that going to stop happening!?!  Maybe our first month back will be filled with hugs, tears, and prayer. Not sure what's on the horizon, but we're hoping to follow wherever God leads next and praying he would open doors as he sees fit.  After blubbering over lunch, we headed back to the office.  One of my favorite ladies here, Grandma Deb, was concerned that Kora still wasn't putting weight on her leg, that coupled with the fact that we noticed her crawling and avoiding putting her knee/shin down on the ground made us think her injury was higher on her leg and not her ankle like we had originally thought. So, instead of returning to the house of chaos, we went to the hospital...THE hospital. The one where we almost lost Kora 2 years ago.  I had silently said good-bye when we drove by there the other day and wasn't expecting to ever go back inside.
That's a lot of lettuce.

On our way to the hospital.

Doug and I were both so exhausted, which is strange because we had tried to catch up on rest at the hotel, but the mental/emotional strain has been intense.  They x-rayed both of her legs and found a small crack below her knee on the right leg.  Poor, poor baby girl. The doctor said there's nothing they can really do and it should heal on it's own. He was glad we brought her in because if it had been a spiral break it would have needed a cast and you can't know without an x-ray.
Going down to register.

Hmmm....

They sent us to the new children's area. We only stayed a couple minutes and then got re-directed to the x-ray area.

Playing with a ring.

Counting money.

She was in need of a lot of entertainment and distraction. This was nap time.

Kora wants money.

After the doctor visit, we went to eat at the mall nearby. Kees noticed a pipe in the parking lot while we were waiting on Doug to change Kora's diaper.

He told me this pipe runs all the way to our bathroom.
We finally made it home around 7. I got a few things done, cleaned the kitchen, sorted some stuff to sell, and did 4 loads of laundry. Have to get it washed and dried before the lady comes to buy the drying racks.









1 comment:

  1. Yummy watermelon. I feel the same way about it, Kora! Can't wait to squeeze you all tight. :)

    ReplyDelete