Sunday, July 21, 2013

Then Along Came a Spider

Day 118 (Saturday):
 The yard sale!  Doug took one for the team. He said it was nice to visit with our co-workers, but people wanted to haggle on pricing and most of the stuff was marked really low to begin with.  And of course it was hot. I stayed back at the retreat center with the kids.  We all went to breakfast together. I had to turn our clothes in to be washed. They have a lot of cool systems here, my sister would love all the instructions and organization they have. They gave us a tupperware type container with safety pins in it. Each pin has our room number in it. So I took all our dirty clothes, put the pins in them, then carried the basket and Kora down the stairs.  I also had to fill out our passport information for the retreat center to have on file.  I got both the kids going on breakfast and spent 15 whole minutes figuring out paperwork.  I'm an idiot when it comes to forms.  In those 15 minutes, they both got finished and wanted to go play.  I turned in my paper and got breakfast for myself.  I took about 4 bites, then Kees came back to tell me he had to go to the bathroom number two. So I scarfed down breakfast, grabbed Kora's discarded smooshy banana for the road. And came back to our room.
Pass the Pigs

Puzzle game

Ipad.

Empty cup
Doug got back around 11, took Kees outside to play and Kora took a nap. We all went to lunch, and then Doug stayed in the play area with the kids, so I could have a few quiet minutes to myself.  We left around 4:30 to pick up some food for the fellowship at our foundation's conference.  We got lost on the way and ended up being about 40 minutes late.  We just laughed, we've gotten lost so many times in Thailand and it just wouldn't have made sense for us not to get lost at least one more time.
She took a nice long nap.

Kees wanted to make sure we locked the gate so no one got into our room while we were at lunch.

We build a house, then we built a barn.

Knocking it over is pretty fun too.

Still not walking a ton, but she hasn't let it slow her down too much.

For building the barn, Kees had me move the slide over, so he could slide them down the slide, then I could use them to build with.

Kora wants to help

He knocked it over with her in it.

She got this far and then she didn't know what to do.

Daddy had to read her a fun story to distract her so I could sneak out.

Looking out the window.

We can't decide if she is more like a cat or a dog.  Climbing on the keyboard...1 point for cat.

That's a lot of edamame.

Why do we always get lost?!?

Looking at the truck in front of us. We sold her carseat already, so I am forced to wrestle her every time we go anywhere, NOT cool!  Cannot wait to get her back in a carseat.

Mountain.

Sleeping is good.  Do more of that.

The fellowship was celebrating 3 graduates and 1 birth.  This cake was amazing!

Meandering.

Kees chasing Aunt Amanda (she's my Thai sister, she's not Thai or my sister, but she's like my sister in Thailand)
We got home late, skyped with Gramee and Grampa, then went to bed.


Day 119 (Sunday):

One really cool thing about staying at the Juniper Tree, the retreat center we're at till we leave, is all the missionaries from all over the world. They have family style meals and they re-arrange the seating so you meet new people at every meal. I met a Dutch couple yesterday who is serving in Indonesia. This morning I spent nearly two hours talking with an American missionary who's family has been serving in Japan for 17 years.  It was such a blessing, we prayed together before I had to leave to go to church. They'll be here all week, so I'm hoping to get to hang out with their family some more.  I love being a part of the body of Christ. We have family everywhere!

Today was also our last Sunday with our Thai church.  They had a special meal for us, Isaan food.
Playing with our Lonpos, or whatever they're called.

No joke, I wasted 30 minutes of my life trying to put this together the other day when Doug was at the garage sale.  Couldn't do it. Doug got back and did it on his second try, in like 2 minutes.  So I took a picture of one way it goes together, so when I get stuck I can cheat. Otherwise the lid won't shut!

Working together.

Our last service. Gonna miss everyone so much.

This girl loves a ball.

These are the moments.

Silly babies
Dancing to the music.

Last offering.

We saw this spider in the bathroom

This is Granmda, she made Isaan food for our last day, it was yummy chicken and pork, sticky rice, and papaya salad (som tam), they even made some with cucumbers. They kept bringing over tons of food for us.  We were stuffed to the brim!



Kora playing in the rocks.
Kora has been cuddling and hugging these fans.

Watching Pocoyo in various languages: English, French, Spanish...and who knows what else.
Kees drank his weight in juice and milk, so he's not hungry for dinner.  He loves playing in this pack n play, it's so safe in there.

Kora loves to eat chicken!

This is her real smile...

This is her saying "cheese", so cute!

Stay outta my way, I'm eatin!

I am so exhausted right now, it's not even funny. After church Doug brought me and the kids back to the retreat center, while he took our Thai church friends to peruse the stuff we have left at our house.  Kora only took a 30 minute nap, so sad.

1 comment: