Thursday, July 11, 2013

Let the madness begin, er, continue.

Day 106 (Monday):

I didn't get a ton of pictures Monday. Doug was gone for a good chunk of the day meeting with our chairman, so I was trying to get some stuff done to get ready to move, but still doing a lot of boo-hoo crying.
Kees and Kora are seeing the house in a whole new way, lots of stuff to explore as I try to sort and pack.

Not sure if I'm proud or ashamed that this is the sum total of what I got done on Monday. These two action packers are packed at weighed, locked up and ready to go.

 Those action packers are both filled with some of the kids stuff.  I am trying to walk Kees through this process the best way I know how.  I told him we were going back to America and he could pick a few things to take with us, but it had to fit in these boxes and it had to weigh under 23 kilos. So he picked what he wanted, I tried to make sure he knew he got to choose.  It's hard to have your whole life in upheaval when you're 30 and you're trusting God.  I'm sure it's difficult for our kids who are understanding things on a different level.  I am taking opportunities to remind Kees that God brought us here and we are following his leading.  I told him the story of Jonah and the big fish, because we can't know it was a whale...anyway, I told him God wanted Jonah to go to Ninevah, but it didn't seem like a worthwhile task for Jonah and he just didn't want to go.  I'm right there with you Jonah!  So God ran from Jonah and took the next boat to anywhere but where God said...he spent some dark days in a smelly fish belly, but God still allowed him to be a part of the bigger plan.  And God is doing that with us right now.  I will say that Kees seems to be handling things well.  He's actually been talking about America a lot and is really excited to go back, that makes one of us.  Just teasing, I am excited to be a part of what God's doing and I am trusting that he knows the best place for me to be, and that he has a plan.

Day 107 (Tuesday):

As you can see from my lack of photos and minimal output, Monday was a rough day, processing through the next steps we need to take.  Tuesday, was spent sorting, pricing, taking photos to list on a website to sell things.  Our dear children have spent approximately 87 hours watching Curious George and Kora has managed to almost destroy the universe on countless occassions.  If I wasn't so darn engrossed in total upheaval and selling all my worldly goods, I'd be documenting her destruction a little better, but let's face facts, I've been distracted.  Over the past 4 days it's been a continual process of her wandering from room to room unpacking, unsorting, and destroying. Some day, my mother keeps telling me, she will not be 2 years old and into everything, I believe that less and less as time goes by.
Kees found stickers.  Dear future Kees reading this blog, thank you for not putting those anywhere else. Stickers go on paper, you're a genius.

Now that this is cleared off, let me make myself at home.

Can I ship them now, and just pick them up in Oklahoma in two weeks?

World annihilation is so tiring.

After Kora woke up, Pi Tone and Pa Eiw came to visit.  We told them Monday that we were leaving and they have been stopping by often to visit. They distract Kora, which is so helpful!  Pi Tone is applying to be an exchange student in America, praying we get to host him if it works out!
This melts my heart.

No matter where I go in the world, I will always be thankful for the wonderful relationships God has allowed us to have here.  We have been truly blessed.

Kora is scared of lizards, I have no idea why.

Blowing kisses "bye-bye".

About 5 minutes after they left Kees woke up with crazy hair.  I just love crazy hair.

Making progress, notice the scale and slips of paper on the wall. We have 2 more large suitcases that will be going with us and that's all.  Everything else is being sold or given away.  More on that in the next post...

There is no method to my madness with packing, no matter how much time in advance I know we will be moving, I am just scattered brained no matter what continent I'm on.  Doug and I have moved about 7 times in our marriage and I know it's only by the grace of God that we've survived.  I remember our first move and how Doug was so confused about my insane flighty distracted way of doing things.  Now, he just kind of does his thing and lets me work my magic my own way until I ask for help.  He's a good man.  I literally wander all over the house, doing a little here and a little there, wow, did you just catch that, I'm an adult version of Kora.  It eventually all gets done, just not in a way that would make sense to any sane person.

3 comments:

  1. One day at a time...sweet Jesus. That is a song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made remarkable progress, Kellee. Poor Kora, still a half year to go before she becomes a 2 year old and already getting a bad rap. Sure, go ahead and ship the kids. I'll pick them up and keep them for you. :-)

    It would be awesome if you could sponsor Tone as a foreign exchange student!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would take Tone! He might be the only one of the kids who would listen to me!

    ReplyDelete