Thursday, July 11, 2013

More chaos = more fun...

 If I repeat that to myself over and over again, will it make it true???

Day 108 (Wednesday):

All my days are running together, so I'm doing my best to remember everything.  Pretty sure this was the day, I stopped the insanity and took time to read Ephesians 1 and journal a few thoughts about some of the things I was struggling with.  So thankful that God's word is available for us to turn to, and that we can cling to his truths. 

Here's a few things from Ephesians 1 (go read it yourself, you'll be encouraged!):
"..we are blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus"
"...he chose us before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight"
"...we are adopted as sons (and daughters)"
"...we are given redemption through his blood"
"...forgiveness of sins"
"...grace has been lavished on us"
"...marked with the seal of the Holy Spirit"

As I read and re-read, God gave me a much more healthy outlook on things and helped me put some things into perspective.  He cherishes and loves me, he knows my heart, and he is going to guide me every step of the way.  Right now our prayer is to finish strong. We have about 2 weeks left here and we want to end well and bring glory to God in every aspect of our lives.  We covet your prayers.

We got some work done at home in the morning, went out to eat lunch, then came home, worked a little more, then picked up our good friend and co-worker Rob at the bus station. He is in town for meetings and we have been dying to take him to our favorite sushi place.  We had sushi for dinner, took him to his hotel, then came home, and worked some more.  I think I finally made myself quit around 10.  Still a lot to do, but we have time, unless Jesus comes back, and then I'm off the hook.

At 39 Baht steak for lunch.  This tea is out of this world.  So many things I will miss about Thailand.

Kora was still eating, Kees and I went to the truck and he pretended to drive.

On our way to sushi.

I'm gonna miss all the variety of vehicles on the road here.

Temple

This is the hospital I stayed after my surgery when I was pregnant with Kora. I'm taking pictures of things as I say good-bye to them.  So many memories.

This is the coffee shop around the corner from the sushi place. I'm wishing I would have thought to get a picture with the owner of the sushi place.  He is always so nice to us, maybe I'll get a chance to go back one more time.  These sticks are taken with you when you go upstairs, once all the sticks are taken no more people can go up there.  I wonder if my fat falong self would be required to take two sticks.

Yep


Day 109 (Thursday):

Finally, I'm writing about today!  My friend and personal hero, Janna, was coming over at 11:00 to help out, about 10 minutes before she got here the lady that cleans our house once a week showed up with a friend to check out what stuff we are getting rid of.  It was a bit overwhelming because a lot of stuff wasn't ready for people to come look at, I still had quite a bit of sorting to do, but I just kept reminding myself that it's just stuff and it's not my stuff, I'm not taking it back to America, so who cares how it goes as long as it goes.  God is so good, the lady ended up buying all the big stuff we were selling, and will be picking it up tomorrow.  Which means we are looking into going to a hotel since we don't have much left in our house.  Doug's sister had booked a hotel for October and was unable to cancel, we have put a request in to get the dates transferred and hoping we can go soon.  The remaining stuff is mostly toys, clothes, and kitchen stuff.  We need to price it all for a garage sale, but I am truly exhausted, I was up at 4:30 am, at a pretty small breakfast, didn't get lunch until 2, tried to take a nap, and now I'm up late blogging, so I think I may need to take a step away from this crazy house and let Doug finish out the small stuff and let me and the kids get out of the way or maybe we can call come back in a couple days to tackle the rest. Our flight is in a couple of weeks, so we have plenty of time to make our rounds saying good-bye to all our Thai friends and co-workers. We are going to be able to share on Monday night at the NTM annual conference, and we're looking forward to having the rare opportunity to see so many people from all over the country before we leave.
Watching Curious George, wow, I am definitely looking forward to handing this girl over to some grandparents so they can love on her.

All the stuff the lady bought, she also bought our refrigerator, washing machine, stove top, and a couch.

Two of the Thai pastors Doug has been blessed to spend so much time with.  They have been such a huge blessing to us.

Ajan Atit watched some Curious George, I have never seen him without a smile on his face.  When we first moved to Thailand he came to visit us and Doug knew he was a Christian before he ever said who he was. It was an instant bond with a brother in Christ, thankful for the time we've been able to spend getting to know him since that day.

Another pastor friend came by to check some stuff out and bought the carseat.  Which means I get to wrestle Kora for the next two weeks every time we go anywhere. She insists on trying to climb all over the car and thinks Doug should let her drive. Pray for safe travels for us and for my sanity.

This was around 1:45, we were all starving and I let the kids have some of the snacks my parents had sent them in our last care package.

Sweet babies.

This evening Doug and I have both been encouraged by people all over the world, through phone calls, emails, facebook messages, and long skype chats.  We can never thank you all enough for holding the ropes, for being God's hands and feet.   More to come, so stay posted! Tomorrow we have our last day at the school for children with special needs. We'll be saying good-bye to the kids there, playing games and handing out snacks.  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment