Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Final Count Down

Day 120 (Monday):
 The final count down. We leave Thailand on Saturday, so every day from here on out is our last. Today was the last Monday.  Saturday and Sunday were filled with emotional good-byes. Today, was the final push to finish things up at our house.  We left after breakfast and neither of us felt motivated, energetic, or very good, but we knew we needed to get it done. First, we walked through the house and bagged up everything we knew we'd be giving away.  We donated stuff to our church for future garage sales or whatever they might need it for.  It was actually a real blessing that they have been so willing to take the stuff off our hands. :) After we got all of the excess stuff bagged and set aside, then came the tricky part, packing and weighing the stuff we want to take back to America.  It was especially difficult since the battery for our scale had died. Our luggage is quite big, so big in fact that it covers the the part that shows the weight, so a regular scale won't work. We have to use the digital one because it saves the number for when we pick the luggage back up to take it off.  It was a little after 11, so we decided to deliver a few things to one of our friend's house, buy a battery, and pick up some sunscreen. It's ironic because I had about 5 bottles of sunscreen, but one of the times people were hauling stuff off before I had I really gone through it, the sunscreen got hauled off in the mix.
On our way to the truck.

This van says "In God We Trust; United States of America"...I wonder who their target clientele is?
Still enjoying Kora not having a car seat, that makes one of us.

Love his messy hair and dirt smudged cheek.

Doug went into Tesco to get us drinks and I saw a family that had a baby in a stroller in a side car attached to their motorbike.  I love Thailand.

Looking out the window.

It's a miracle. It's been about 2 months since our neighborhood lady has had coconut water. I had Doug buy 12 bags.  I love Thailand.

He put himself in jail, he told me so.


Lunch was at 12:30, we took a little break after and then went swimming. They have tiny ice cream cones here and I let Kora have one too. She was excited about that.
Lunch: Cow Soy (Doug will make fun of my spelling on this, but whatever...)

The kids have trouble focusing on eating because the play area is so inviting.
On our way to swim.

Kees kicks his shoes off like a donkey.

Pool side.

Big smile.  She's so independent. She didn't want to sit by me because she wanted to sit on one of these all by herself.

I got my own ice cream cone!

Kees always wears his shoes on the wrong feet. He likes them like that, if they're not bothering him, I say, why not?

Yum.

This is cold and squishy.

I own this place.

After cleaning her up in the pool bathroom sink, she found a shower. It was the highlight of her day.

She wanted to keep this ball.

I told her we had to leave it because it wasn't ours, so she dropped it and kept walking.


Kora took a small nap, then it was dinner time. After dinner, we rested for about an hour, then went back over to the house.  Doug really didn't want to go back, but I knew I would sleep better from here on out if we got it all done. So he humored me and we finished!  Now we just have last minutes errands to run and bills to pay. 
On our way to dinner.

Chicken pot pie, my first reaction was to puke inside my mouth. I hate savory foods in pie crusts, it offends me. My mom used to torture me by combining hamburger meat, green beans, and tomatoes into a pie crust. It's called hamburger pie.  In elementary school it was often included in my creative writing, at least once I used one of my three wishes...if I had them, to remove it from existence.  All that to say, this was actually yummy, I'm a real adult...it's so sad. I ate it, peas and all.

I'm still waking up in the middle of the night and surprised that this is all really happening.  But I already feel so much more at peace, God has given me a feeling of calm and I know that it has a lot to do with all the prayers you all have been praying. They have been felt and I could not be more thankful!  Love you all!

Day 121 (Tuesday):

Today Doug had to meet with our landlord to finish things up with him and make sure we are leaving him with enough money to pay any bills that may come in the next few weeks. They also went to take care of the internet.  While he was gone, I showered the kids and took them to the playground.  Having Kora makes parenting a lot more challenging. She does not stay interested in one thing for very long, so we didn't stay as long as Kees and I would have liked.
Heading to the playground.

She did not want to hold Kees's hand.

She liked climbing up the slide.

She was careful for about 3 seconds.

She wasn't sure about how to go down this slide.

Look!

She wanted to help Kees.

Yay!

Sweet baby girl

She's signing "all done". And Kees is "all done" any time Kora is all done because he feels they should never be separated, I'm guessing that doesn't last.

Checking out the waterfall.

He stayed on this swing for a long time, I pushed him between chasing Kora all around the place.

Kees asked about 17 questions in regards to this water fall, when I said I didn't know, he figured it out on his own and explained it all to me.

Hmmm...

Gazebo

Looking for our place. We had hung his swim shorts to dry out front and we were looking for our number.

Here it is!



Doug got back just in time to go to lunch. And he brought back a floatie ring for the pool!!
She's quick.

The kids watched shows for a while and then I took them to the pool while Doug decompressed.
This was a close as I could get to sensory deprivation.

Getting into my purse.

She found a couple things.

Kees put these on and told me he was looking at my bones.  They must be x-ray goggles.

Moving internationally is quite stressful, especially with two little ones to think about. First Doug told me he wished he could just take horse tranquilizers and wake up on the day we leave. Then he told me he really wished we had a sensory deprivation tank he could go into.  I laughed. Because if they ever invented a sensory overload tank it could easily be named after Kora.  There's just no way your gonna get an calm with her around....we'll sleep when we're dead Douglas!

2 comments:

  1. AGREE GREAT PICS,GREAT TO SEE Kora up and at em over her injury!Praise the Lord!won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete