Saturday, April 27, 2013

When Cheetos burn

Day 34:

Today has been great.  Spent time with Jo and Emma, our co-workers daughters who are "in town" for a high school dance.  Last night we did pedicures and today we started watching Middlemarch.  It was fun hanging out.  While they were at the dance, I taught my English class. Today we learned about the days of the week.
My friend, Amanda, gave us mangosteen from the trees in her yard.  Doug shared them while I was teaching.
Kees was insistent on "teaching" me while Doug was teaching the adults.
The kids turned a movie on, Kees wanted to know why it was in Thai.  I said, "Because they speak Thai." Then he said, "But you just taught them English."  Hmmm....

Dinner afterwards was Moo Gra Teeum (Garlic pork) and soup with some type of squash.
After class, we ate dinner at the church and then came home.
We stopped at 7-11 on the way home, I saw these new kind of cheetos, but didn't buy any.  Looks like the ones on the left are jalapeno flavored, not sure about the ones on the right. ( I did buy some later this evening though, and they didn't taste that spicy, but they did burn my lips and skin...weird)

Pi Tone and Pa Eiw stopped by to see and us and it was so good to spend time with them for a little while.
Kees read them a book.  It's a simple book, but he read it so well with emphasis and everything...have I mentioned he's getting too big.  He'll be 4 on Friday!


I drove back to pick up the girls and finally got home around 12:30.  I'm pretty spent, but I need to post my pics from today before I get anymore behind!

Forgot to mention, I got stopped at a police checkpoint.  Let me tell you, know matter what country you live in, if it's not your home country, it's scary to see a police checkpoint, especially at 11:45 at night.  I got that panic stricken feeling and started scrambling the phrases I know, so I'd be able to say, "My husband speaks better Thai, I can get him on the phone."  I guess the police officer didn't want to speak to me either because he just waved me on. Very thankful to be the idiot foreigner in this case.
While I was waiting on the girls, I took a picture of the spirit house in front of the hotel.  We've heard that if you see a red Fanta soda, it means there is a child ghost that needs to be appeased, so you leave a "kid" drink.  So I guess there's a kid ghost at this hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment