Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sweet Freedom!

Day 30:

The last day of Doug's evaluation is in the books! He's made progress and he's on track.  Thank you LORD! My evaluation is coming up in June, but for now, we are feeling free and pretty worn out!

While Doug did more work in the office, the kids and I "worked" in the school room. We painted, built with blocks and read books.  Kora is hilarious.  She loves books so much and acts like me reading to her is the best thing that's ever happened to her!  Love spending time with my babies.
I brought out sponge rollers for Kora, but she was much more interested in the brushes.
He's always so good at concentrating.
I had to keep reminding her not to eat the paint.
Our paint was homemade and it had been sitting in the bottles for a while, it was separated and not that awesome.  I guess we'll have to make it in smaller batches from now on.
Kora snuggling a stuffed doggy.
Kees wanted to snuggle too.
Is it me, or does Kora look way too big here?

We ate lunch, then Kees was helping me clean the kitchen so we could make playdough.  Doug was expecting our language consultant, Janna, and our Thai pastor to come at 1:30.  Doug was still setting up and I was attempting to make blue playdough when our pastor and his 2 girls showed up.  I had planned to take my kids out to the park or an indoor play place while Doug was doing his evaluation stuff, but with two more kiddos, we just played in the front yard. 
We had Ka Moo for lunch, it's sort of like pork roast, really tender meat, served over rice. Doug actually got mine with noodles, also delicious! Kora loves to eat!
Watchin the big girls.
She tried to eat this doll's face.

Kees can pour water now, he is getting too big, someone tell me how to make it stop!
Workin' hard!  I was so ready to get Doug back!
When I was at Makro, Kees had me buy green grapes, Kora loves them!  I bite them into tiny pieces for her, she still tries to get her hands on the whole bunch and shovel them in, we have to really watch her!

And to celebrate Doug being finished with his evaluation, per his request, I went out and bought him ice cream.  He was not in the mood to go out and celebrate, so he stayed home and I brought it all back home.  We had chicken nachos, Doug had a root beer float, and we had fresh brownies with ice cream for dessert!  Now we are winding down and "trying" to go to bed early because we are going out of town to visit our friends early in the morning.  Hopefully I'll still be able to blog from there, but it just depends on the internet connection.  Maybe less photos, that always seems to be the hiccup.
Chicken nachos and a root beer float!
Kora enjoyed the sour cream, made me miss Gramee.



1 comment:

  1. Excuse Me is that curls on the back of Miss Kora and why no one told me????? I demand a picture pronto missy!!! Jk

    ReplyDelete