Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Just another day in paradise (also a country song reference)

Day 37:

When daddy's away, mommy and babies will play!  While Doug was in meeting with the local Thai pastors, I was home with our lovies. I love being at home with my babies and watching them grow.  This morning our breakfast included green grapes...both my kids are fans.
Mmmm...grapes!
Apparently the grape halves I was giving her just weren't cutting it.  She climbed on to the table so she could have access to the whole bunch.

Then we got showered and dressed to head to school. School takes place in our fabulous school room.  Today we had an hour and a half of school and Kees filled that whole time playing with the play dough we made last week.  He was whispering stuff to himself and playing some type of pretend. About halfway through he added cars to the mix.  Kora does nothing for an hour and a half, except sleep and sometimes not even that.  She looked at books and followed me around while I did laundry.  I sat down and read to her for quite a while too, she loves reading.  She's pretty demanding though, and she knows what she likes.  If she has a book she likes, she wants to read it over and over again and won't let me read a new one.  She'll just keep handing me the favorite and grunting, "uhh, uhh".  She wins...most of the time. :)
My kids love showering, I'm thankful for that.
He's such a little worker bee.
Books!

The kids played outside while I made lunch. While we were eating, well Kees was still eating, Kora and I were already done, Pi Tone came over to play with us.  He kept hiding a coin from Kees.  Kees told him that he was being sneaky.  Pi Tone speaks English very well, but sneaky was a new vocabulary word today, so I got to explain that one.
Kora giggled so much with Pi Tone, she loves him.
This giraffe sings and dances. Kora dances with him.
Pi Tone being sneaky!
Picking up paper clips.  This activity requires CLOSE supervision.  She's slowed down on putting them in her mouth, but it took some coaxing the first few times.  She put them in her cup, then pulls them out and repeats.  It's great for fine motor skills...see mom, I use my degree EVERY.SINGLE.DAY!
The wooden slats in our floor come up and reveal concrete beneath. It's the perfect place to hide the sorted paper clips.  Kees insisted on grouping them by color and my teacher heart skipped a beat. :)
Later this evening Pi Jam came over to play with Kees and then Pa Noi played with Kora.  I'm so thankful our neighbors make the effort to come see us.  I invited both boys to Kees's birthday party this Friday.  He has been watching the show "Peppa Pig" and instead of car cakes, this year, he wants an orange dinosaur cake because the little pig, George on the show has one (but his is green).  So tomorrow, I'll be shopping for Kees's birthday and planning snacks for our small group.  We're hosting this week. Then, Thursday it'll be time to make our cake extravaganza! Hope my kitchen aid comes in handy for this project...like kneading the fondant. ;)
Kora is almost as big as Pa Noi!

No comments:

Post a Comment