Monday, April 22, 2013

Just call me the cheese fairy!

Day 29:

Doug's evaluation started today, so he was gone till around 3.  The kids and I kept busy in the morning by playing under our carport. It rained, no sprinkled for about 5 minutes, but it was so nice out!  It was cool with a little breeze, so nice!  Jam came by and played a little while, but when I came in to put Kora down for her nap, Kees followed me and Jam went home.  I was so sad!  I was hoping he'd play longer.

Kora eating breakfast
She's lookin too big!
Kees loves this baby walker
Jam pushed the kids in the stroller

Kora napped, I did laundry and dishes, made lunch, and firmed up plans for our upcoming road trip to visit baby Burt!  This will be our first time to drive anywhere outside the city, besides Doug's day trip that was about 2 hours away.  Hopefully this time we'll all be going! ;)  Since we are traveling to visit our friends, I got the distinct privilege and honor to pick up a few things for them "in town"...here in Chiang Mai.  It involved buying a lot of cheese!  I love shopping and it's nice to know I will be adding cheese to their lives, the most important food group is cheese.

Since Doug had the truck, I waited to go shopping till he got home and took both kids with me since he still has voice recordings to get ready for the second part of his evaluation tomorrow.  It's 9 pm, and he's still at it!  I keep asking him if he's done yet, but no such luck.  I'm glad we are taking a little trip after this evaluation cause Doug's been so busy prepping for it and we've missed him!
When Doug came home, he had a late birthday present for Kora to open, it was a really cute dress.

Alicia went shopping with us and it was such a huge blessing and help.  I know I can do it on my own, but it's much less enjoyable, Kora was insisting on being held at the first store we shopped at, so it was nice Alicia could push the cart, she also saved a jar of jelly that almost met an untimely end due to Miss Thang's curiosity.  It would have made a funny story for you all, but I'm happy to have one day without any major messes or mishaps.  (Speaking of which, I never blogged the night I took both kids to the night bazaar by myself and Kora dumped an iced cocoa on my head...)
At Makro, sort of like Sam's Club, or Costco, they have a new display of school uniforms, school starts back up next month.
Seafood anyone?
Fresh fish
Spices, beans, lentils, etc.
Curry pastes and other sauces to take home.

Now we're home, Daddy (Doug) is still working and the kids and I are "quietly" watching movies so we don't interrupt his recordings.  Hope you all are having a lovely Monday!

At church yesterday I heard a great song, it was weird that there was English music, but anyway, it was a Chris Tomlin song, you can watch a video of it here.  It's the song "Enough", I love how God chooses to encourage us at just the right time.  The previous night, I had been talking to Doug and saying, "Wouldn't it be nice to live in a house with central heat and air, and be able to go to the store and just buy "normal" things, and just have a regular job and not have to worry about so many things."  I wasn't complaining per se, just wondering about how the other half lives, and missing some of the things that used to be "normal" that are luxuries now, like a bathub, for instance.  Doug didn't agree with me...he almost never does.  And it wasn't that HUGE of a conversation, just me thinking out loud.  Then, the very next day, the first song that played in English at church (while we were eating) was this one!  Like God was asking me, "Am I enough?"  God has taught me time and time again, that he IS more than enough.  Glad he is gracious and willing to continue to gently remind me of his goodness and faithfulness.  And I promise you, if you take an honest look, he is more than enough...in every single situation.  So thankful for our awesome God!

All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough

 More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me

No comments:

Post a Comment