Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ever have one of THOSE days...

Day 17:

Okay this is gonna be quick, cause I'm tired, but in a nutshell this was the string of events that happened today.

1. Walk outside, the smoke got me...again!  I swear it's worse today.
2. Went into Big C, let Kora walk, when I wouldn't let her go up the escalator, she cried AND cried!
3. Go over to the counter to buy 300 baht worth of food cards, give the lady 500 baht and walk off without my change.  Someone had to flag me down.
4. Ordered my food, forgot to hand over the money card, the guy had to ask me for it.
5. After lunch, went upstairs to shop, realize on my way out, I no longer have my purse.  Had to go to the service desk and the man gave me a piece of paper with a name and phone number and acted like it was important, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Forgot to mention that in the hub bub of losing my purse I also let Kora escape and Kees had some type of meltdown and clung to my leg for dear life.  How do I have one that is fearless and overly independent and one that is over-cautious and clingy?  I can't win for losing.
6. I cried on the way home, just a little, for various reasons.
7. After slurping down two coconut waters because I felt so dehydrated, we got home planning to study Thai in the AC, and guess what, no electricity, which means no AC, no fan, and no internet.  I also had a training I was supposed to do LAST year that I was needing to get done today.
8. Left the house, went to a coffee shop to take my online training so we could use free wifi and have some AC, Kora was wild..surprise, surprise...but Doug did his best to keep her reigned in.
9. Come back home, ELECTRICITY is on!!!  But no water.  Seriously?!?
10.  Head to our cell group, both kids fell asleep on the way, and when we got inside Kora eventually woke up and cried and cried and cried.  She almost never does that.  Have an inkling, she's either still sick or she's sick again.  Poor baby.
11. There is no ice in this house!
12. I got almost finished with this post and Kora made it disappear. Thankfully, it was auto-saved, or I'd be up a creek...

Now, it's 10 pm, I'm tired!  But I'll add a few pictures for your enjoyment and I will say, even on days like today: GOD IS GOOD, He's still in control, and I can't help but think, in light of eternity...all these happenings don't seem very important.  Gotta keep that perspective and keep movin' on!
Top left is the food card you use to purchase food. They come in 100 baht increments.  You order your food, hand over the card,  then turn your card back in to get your change.  The bottom left is sanitizing my silverware.  And the bottom right is my food: Caow Mon Gai Tawt (crispy fried chicken, over flavored rice, a bowl of chicken broth on the side and a yummy red sauce on top.  Yum, yum, in my tum!

Kora is sleeping in our HOT house, still in her carseat and covered in sweat.

At the coffee shop doing my online training, I passed the first time...that's one thing that went right today!!!
Not sure who let Kees have blue soda, but I'm pretty sure his name starts with a "D" and rhymes with Baddy.  The shop owner gave Kora an ice cream cone...literally a cone, there was no ice cream in it.



At cell group.

Forgot to mention, even Kees's pants got put on backwards somehow!

Okay, any day spent with these two couldn't be bad!  Love these babies!


3 comments:

  1. We must take the good with the bad. Some days you just have to laugh to keep from crying. Kids are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should have blue soda on occasion. And seriously, no ice cream? Looks like Kora is asking that question. You are a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT'S the little things that added together wear you out. PLUS also dehydration can cause confusion drink more water.

    ReplyDelete