Saturday, April 6, 2013

I Live in an Ashtray!

Day 13:

The smoke seems to be getting worse.  I imagine this is what it would be like to live in an ashtray.  We've been staying indoors, but ventured out to teach English. After just a couple hours, my head is killing me and my ears keeping popping, my sinuses are on overload.

Okay, so tomorrow is our monthly potluck at church.  I decided to make strawberry cream cheese cobbler, I combined a couple of recipes.  I shouldn't be able to tell you how it tastes until after tomorrow, but I have no will power...and it's yummy.
Helping mommy make cobbler.
We also made some strawberry syrup with the leftover juice from the strawberries.  I have this maple syrup jar leftover from those few months last year that we cut out processed foods.

This jing jok (jeeng joke) has been stalking me ALL day.

I spent the afternoon working on lesson plans for English class, and wouldn't you know...nothing would print.  Forgot to format it to print on a regular non-mac computer.  Whoops.  But I only had a couple students and I can give the print outs to everyone next week.  We learned directional words and will probably review quite a bit next week.

After English class, we had dinner at the church, delicious as usual.  I didn't eat much because Kora got fussy and I ended up shaking her to sleep.  Not gonna lie, I enjoyed every minute.  She is growing up way too fast and is typically not a snuggler, so when she "needs" momma, I cherish it.  Of course as soon as we got home she woke up and started getting into everything.
Kora was all over the place with this banana.  She had about 3 bananas before it was all said and done. She kept dropping them in the gravel and trying to eat rocks.

She's a ball of energy!  Glad other people like to entertain her.
Kees ate 3 bananas!  He was pretty excited.
Dinner, check out the little girl to the right of Kees with the spoon in her mouth. So cute!
Kora sleeping, love it when she's snuggly, sweet girl.

And now, I am hoping to be asleep by 9 pm.  That smoke seriously did a number on me.  I'm leaving dishes in the sink...I NEVER do that.  I feel a little nauseous.  

Good word of the day, from Veggie Tales: "A thankful heart is a happy heart." So if you're having a rough day, take a minute and start thanking God for all the good things in your life, and hopefully before too long, your heart will be happy.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. Bananas are good for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Kellee little Kora sick so sad! The cobbler sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete