Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 15...I'm running out of catchy titles!

Day 15:

It's Monday again, but this week's Monday was much less eventful in the drama department than last Monday.  Doug attended the seminar going on at our Thai church and I stayed home with our babies.  We stayed couped up in our bedroom with the AC on.  I felt like Rapunzel in the movie Tangled.  I kept re-folding blankets and doing random things and wishing I could go somewhere.  (You can listen to the song that sums it up here.) I ventured outside just long enough to do a couple of loads of laundry.  And we brought "school" to us.  We read books in the AC. The kids have played with trains and cars.  I think Kora is tired of being in the room too, because every time we go towards the door she frantically tries to escape and then cries when we don't let her out.  All day I've been going back and forth on how committed I am to keeping the kids trapped inside.  I read up on the air quality again, and the affects are worse on the elderly (me) and young children.  I hate being inside all day, but I also don't want the kids getting any more sick than they already are.  I'm thinking tomorrow, we'll stay inside, but I'm going to have to come up with better indoor activities for us to do.  I may have to look up a kids workout video on youtube, fairly certain Kees's energy is just aching to get out.

I was remembering the last time I was all couped up when I was on bed rest last year.  Which, of course, made me quit complaining and made me feel overwhelmingly thankful that Kora is here with us and healthy...besides the coughing.  And this time, I'm sure the number of days I'll be trapped indoors will be far less. There is a 20% chance of rain on Friday, every other day it's 0%, so I'm praying it will rain on Friday.  But I am thankful for air conditioning in our bedroom, hoarded apple cider to drink since my throat still hurts, and ice water. 

Here are the pictures from Doug's day:


Red ants!  These ants got all over Kees's foot and leg the other day...he freaked out...BIG time!

Singing
The presentation of Thai food is always amazing.  They do such a great job of including a variety of colors.  

3 comments:

  1. Doug likes taking pictures of food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photos and cool thoughts sorry about air quality Can you get and wear those little masks? Keep them in it's the grown nothing to do (boring, responsible and no fun.)lol

    ReplyDelete