Friday, April 19, 2013

Snug as a bug...

Day 26:

I'm past exhausted right now.  I miss Doug and I miss being home, but it's just one more night.  I just checked with him and he made good progress today, so this should all be worth it.  Don't get me wrong, the hotel is great, but there's no place like home.  I have so much to write about, but the internet is really slow and I don't want to post all my fun stories without the pictures, so I made a top ten list for you!  Tomorrow, I'll get home around 1 pm (1 am cst), and I'm not sure when I'll be able to catch up because tomorrow evening is English class just 3-4 hours after we get home and I'll have laundry and such.  I feel really bad for not getting more out to you all, but I think I might lose my sanity if I don't get to bed early, not to mention both of my kiddos are wanting mommy.  Love to all of you, from us!


Things I enjoy about staying at a hotel:
  1. Hot and cold tap water from the bathroom sink.
  2. Someone else makes the bed and tidies up while I eat breakfast that someone else made and subsequently cleans up after.
  3. A real live bathtub!
  4. Air conditioning (we do have AC at home, but just in one bedroom and the office and the office one is broken right now, so...)
  5. Comfy bed 
  6. A cartoon channel on TV that has shows for the kids in English
  7. Swimming pool!
  8. Walking distance to tons of great shopping and yummy food vendors.
  9. Kids are more contained (This is good for short periods of time, I wouldn't want to live like this forever, but they are enjoying the new things about the hotel and there's exponentially less things for Kora to get into.)
  10. Did I mention the bathtub?!?

1 comment: