Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Smoke Got Me!

Day 14:

Can't believe I've done 14 days in a row.  Go me!  I'm running out of "new" things to share already. Guess my life isn't as interesting as I thought. (Oh and the title of this blog is from Sweet Brown, one of my all time favorites: "And then the smoke got me, I got bronchitis, ain't nobody got time for that!"....you can see for yourself here.)

Our church is hosting a seminar today and tomorrow. After the regular services and lunch, there was more teaching time outside.  Doug went by himself today and I kept the kids home, holed up in our bedroom with the AC running.  I'm getting stir crazy, for sure.  I do not like being pent up all day.  Being a parent is so hard sometimes.  With out a doubt if it was just me, I would have been at the meetings with Doug.  Unfortunately, Kora woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and a nasty sounding cough.  We were only outside for 2 hours yesterday, but it seems the smoky air affected her.  Not sure if her sickness is caused by the air or if the smoky air just exacerbates things.  Either way, I figured I'd better heed the warnings and keep her inside. 

Since Doug was able to go, I have some of the pictures he took.  He's planning to go back in the morning, and the kids and I will have a regular home school day.  It's a Buddhist holiday, so our language helper won't be coming. Later this week everyone will be celebrating Songkran...more on that later.  It's a huge water fight!

Okay here are the pics:
One of the sessions, outside the church.
 
Coffee!  Doug said he got to sample some and it was amazing!

Thai Bible


   

My good word of the day is from my bible reading last night, its from Isaiah 40: 28-31
Good stuff!  

 
 
 

Hope you all have a blessed Lord's day! Enjoy your church family and your freedom to worship our Lord.  And sing extra loud for me...sure wish I could be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment