Friday, June 7, 2013

You do the HOKEY POKEY!

Day 75:

Finally Friday!

Doug studied all day, cause he's cool like that.  He did take breaks to do our project and go eat lunch at 39 Baht steak. 
Hokey Pokey

Mmm...snacks!

Reading "Brown Bear, Brown Bear"

They really liked this one!

At lunch

Kees was reading the sign.


She was shoveling chicken and rice in her mouth.

We stopped for ice cream bars on the way home.

So cold!

I was trying to help get him a little bit more quiet time.  I thought he could put Kora down for a nap and Kees and I could go do some last minute vacations shopping. Of course Kora had other plans and didn't nap, but he was still able to study. Both of our kids are a lot easier if they are the only one. So we split them up for a bit, it seems to work well for us. 
Running errands with mommy.  We discussed bible stories and made up songs.

After we ran all our errands, Kees and I decided to stop by the house to drop off our chicken, see if Kora was up and then head back to the playground.  Kees didn't really want to go shopping, but he was such a trooper, so I wanted to give him a special privilege.  We went to a slightly smaller playground that's a little closer and since Kora hadn't napped, she came with us.  She was cranky on the way there, but fine once we were playing.  When we got back, the kids swam and I did MORE laundry.  Never. Ending. Story.
She was scared of this tunnel. I think she thought it was a slide.

She went down the slide with me and I took pictures as we went down.

Kora's driving!

Kees's turn.

Smiling girl.

Wish I could remember what he was telling me.

Climbing on mommy, I'm better than any playground equipment. I give kisses!

Swinging and eating a granola bar.

Okay, there's like 3 of Kees on the swing, but he's just too cute.

2


3

Swimming! Doug filled the pool up while we were gone! Thanks Daddy!

She loved it while she lasted, she was tired.

Kora only swam about 10 minutes.  Then she took a nice long nap.  Awesome.  While she was napping and Doug was studying, I organized my hoarded vacation food goodies.  I've been saving up "treats" for about 3 months and setting them aside for vacation.  Our hotel doesn't include breakfast, so I am taking instant oatmeal packets, granola bars, and cereal. I divided all the treats into gallon ziplock backs that are labeled for each day, that way we spread the wealth.  I opened all the snacks and divided them into smaller portions, that way we don't open a package of something and scarf it all down.  Not naming any names, but some people in our family have no self control when it comes to goldfish crackers...alright, it's me!  Also, cereal is a special treat that we usually don't eat, so we have little baggies of that for each day too! Yay!

We don't leave until Monday night, but I've already packed everything except what we'll need between now and then. And I have several running lists so I won't forget anything.  We even weighed the bags, so we don't go over the weight limit.  Can you tell I'm excited????

I've even researched the weather!

After all the packing, I needed to clean the kitchen and decided to make tortillas and cook up some chicken for the weekend too.  Now that we have tortillas and chicken, we can have chicken wraps, quesadillas, and even breakfast burritos or a peanut butter roll up.  Homemade tortillas are so good, I think I could eat store bought, but now that I know the power of homemade and have a kitchen aid, it's a no brainer. Yum, yum, in my tum!

So I stayed up a little late to get all my cooking done, but then I have easy meals for the weekend, and I  love that!




No comments:

Post a Comment