Saturday, June 15, 2013

Don't judge me because I've eaten pizza three times this week.

Day 83:

How is it that vacations always starts slow, then all of a sudden it's coming up on the last day.  That middle part goes so stinkin' fast!  Today was a fun pool day.  It started off a little unsure.  Right at the time we were planning to go it started raining.  I kept standing by our balcony door staring at the ocean. Kees asked me why I kept looking out there. So I said, "The ocean is just so pretty." He replied, "Momma, don't call the ocean pretty, it's a boy!"

Then, when we finally got to the pool, it was FREEZING, and there was a lizard stalking us.  Doug thinks he was sleeping.  He stayed in the exact same spot for half an hour.  We were about to give up on swimming, but I thought we could still sit by the pool and eat snacks.  Just as our snacks were ending, I decided it was probably close to lunch time, so we might as well decide what to eat.  We ordered pizza, for the third time this week. Don't judge us, it's vacation, it's great for the price and it feeds all four of us.
He's frozen in time.

Kora kept a much safer distance with the lizard as opposed to that dog yesterday.

She was trying to back a way and fell on her hiney.  So she just sat and watched him/her a while. I have no idea how to tell the gender of this lizard.

Doug made me jump in.  It was so cold!

Trying to get warm.

She likes sharing, especially when it's something YOU have.  If you outright give her something it loses its appeal immediately.

Yeah, somehow she got a hold of this little baggie of crackers.  They got dumped.

Kees is eating these fabulous fig cookies I found about a month ago at our import store. They are comparable to fig newtons, and dare I say it, even better!  Kees called them something really funny, but I've already forgotten...maybe Doug remembers and I can come back and add it later.

This picture makes me so happy for so many reasons.  Kees trying to open that bag, holding a cookie in his mouth. Kora sorting through the chaos she has created, and Doug zoning out.  Love them all!

He's too cool.  We had this swim shirt given to us, but I had no swim trunks to match.  Someone gave us these gym shorts.  I paired them together and I am in love with this combination.  The gorilla is amazing and turquoise and orange go so well together!

Okay, so I was playing with pic stitch and decided to point out our room for any stalkers that may be reading this blog.  Now they'll no just where to find us, for one more night anyway.

She loves pushing limits, standing on the table!
He was being silly.

This is the life!

I made tiny packets of those neon gummy worms.  We had a bag from the Putnams in a package a few weeks bag.  I hid them for vacation and we've rationed them this week.  I love having just a few a day, instead of scarfing them all down in one sitting.  But there is a time and a place for that too! ;)

Kora eating a worm. Check out Doug tea glass, I broke the straw later in the day by dropping the cup. I'm so sad, but I guess you can put any old straw in there.  I liked the one it came with because you can't pull it all the way out.  One of our kids tries every single time, and it's not Kees.


While Doug went to order, Kees decided we should move over to the kid's pool.  We ended up eating lunch and staying two more hours.  We have barely seen the sun this week, but I haven't been crazy hot, so I'll gladly take it.  The breeze from the ocean is so nice!
Oh look water...

I think I'll just jump right in!

Making friends.


Okay, here's pizza...again.  And before you ask, I don't regret it!

She loves the water.

Kora

She was kicking and everything.

Sometimes I invent amazing things.  The burrito pizza roll is one of them. Not to be confused with Totino's version of pizza rolls, which I binge ate as a kid once, and then could never hear those words uttered without feeling sick to my stomach. Anyway, the crust on this pizza...like the edge, is so crunchy and good. When you roll the pizza up like this you get crunchy crust in every bite.  Kees loves that it's a pizza burrito too! ;)

I love how Thai hotels almost always have a kiddie pool.

Pulling sister.

It was not sunny, but it seemed like it might rain, so I wanted to open the umbrella to sheild my pizza...just in case.  I could not get the umbrella open and had to try for about 3 minutes, and then two other tourists helped me out.  Right after that, Kora came over and wanted to "play" too.  So cute.

She unrolled that pizza burrito so fast, guess she just doesn't appreciate my good ideas sometimes.

Taking Daddy for a ride.


She poked holes, and pulled pieces of cheese off to eat.

Yeah, she's playing with her food...just a little.

Kees loves drinking Sponsor, it's a Thai sports drink. This bottle is about 30 cents.

Kora drinking chocolate milk. I feel like she needs to be fattened up a little.

While I was gone to 7-11 to get drinks, Kora threw our Duckie over the rail and into this gutter.  I'm glad it was one of our toys and not one that belonged to the resort. But Kees was extremely concerned about it none the less.

Alright, what can I get into?  (Notice that the straw on my cup is already broken, that happened when I was trying to get it out of my bag at the airport to fill it up at a water fountain.)

Found something!!!


After swimming, I headed back to the play place/ laundry area with the kiddos.  The kids played for about an hour. We switched the clothes to the dryer, then headed out to dinner.  It was half price night at a nearby seafood restaurant, we'd been waiting to take advantage of that deal all week. The restaurant is located right on the lagoon.  Kora was extremely curious, so I ended up just telling Doug my order and chasing the kids around the lagoon.  We came back, lured Kora in with ketchup, and enjoyed our meal.
At the play place.

Kees was collecting these "bananas".

Kora found this Pooh poster, she loved it!

He was picking her up after she started playing in a puddle of water.

Kees loves ramps, this one is a really nice one!

Follow me!

This chef is outside the hotel restaurant.

On our way to dinner

Swing!

That's one way to keep her out of water puddles!

She couldn't stop looking at the fish long enough to look at the camera.

This lasted about 5 seconds.

On our way to walk around the lagoon and we spotted this cool car!

Cheese!

Looking out at the lagoon.

And they're off...

Kees is explaining the boundaries.

Look!!!

Love this girl, she's so precious.

You know you're a mom, when you sift through 20 pictures of the back of kid''s heads and can't choose one because they're all so good.

Love this one too.

Alright stalker folks, can you see our room now???

It's sand, it's wet, it's messy!

Ah sweet freedom!

Posing with a knife...why not?

I spot a little ketchup on her face...


He was done with pictures.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Hee hee hee.  Love him!

Yummy!

May have to start carrying ketchup in my purse.  It keeps her in one spot more than anything else I can think of.

Shrimp

He likes ketchup too!

He was explaining that a very large monster put a lot of hair right there.


Earlier in the day, I found a creme brulee chocolate bar, but I thought it was over priced.  I would have bought it, but I was wanting to make sure it wasn't somewhere else for cheaper.  So, Kora and Doug went back to our hotel room and Kees and I went for a walk.  We didn't find it for any cheaper, but we did find a new cookie to try, and then stopped at the other shop so I could buy the creme brulee chocolate bar.  Lindt had a creme brulee chocolate bar that I loved to indulge in right after Kees was born.  I was up a lot at night to nurse him and I would motivate myself with hoarded squares of this beloved chocolate. I was hoping this version would be as good, but it didn't come close.  The Lindt version had crystallized sugar pieces in the filling, this one just has a creamy center and if I didn't know it was creme brulee there is nothing about the filling that screams "creme brulee". I've decided that Doug is a seafood snob, and I am a dessert snob.  We're a difficult duo.  And P. S. Lindt no longer carries my chocolate bar in the states anymore.  It's quite upsetting!

This evening we were packing up excess clean clothes that I had washed and discussing the plan for tomorrow. Doug found the website for the show FantaSea and decided it would be really fun. It's pretty expensive, but since tomorrow is Father's day, I agreed. We also have friends who have been and said it was worth the money.  I'll let you know tomorrow if I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment