Friday, June 21, 2013

A Choco Banana Eggtart and a giant biscuit.

Day 89:
Last night, after I posted my blog, the boys started wrestling.

They're so cute.
Today there was no puking and no fever, yay!  Still working on Thai studies, trying my best to keep a good attitude.  Hoping a positive outlook will help me learn. As I was studying this morning I was thinking how much it felt like I just started back in kindergarten as a 30 year old, and frankly even kindergarten might be a little generous.  Maybe I should go watch Billy Madison to cheer myself up.
Kora joined me for a few minutes before her bath time.

Kees came looking for her and found this nametag.

Numbers.

Now they're both writing, this was after my session was over.

Our computer broke a while back, not our Mac, the other one.  So, we took it to get it worked on and had lunch at the same time. After lunch, Doug took the kids to the play place and I ran upstairs to buy a few things.
She just oozes sassiness. She was such a pill at lunch. She kept wanting out of the cart, but she didn't want to sit with me either, she wanted to get down and run around.

Hee, hee, hee, Kees looks like he's doing the gag sign, but he wasn't. :)

Meat! They had sticky rice too.  I had a chicken kebab, but I like those less and less because the chicken wraps I make at home are SO much better.

Watermelon shake.  If you've never had one, you should make one! It's just ice, watermelon, simple syrup, and a dash of salt...blended of course.

I made Doug take pictures, he actually listened!!!

Kees was Superman yesterday, today he is batman.

She fought about this headband, I'm surprised she's wearing it in some of these photos.

Kees thinks everything is more fun with Kora.

One of the workers at the play place gave the kids these sword balloons. Kora helped herself to another one.  We tried to give it back, but he let her keep it. She looks pleased with herself, "Yep, I get what I want."

Kees chose the pink one.

Just because his sword is pink does not mean he won't cut you!

Waiting for Doug, he was checking about getting some stuff printed.

And here it is folks, what I know you've all been waiting for and craving: the Choco Banana eggtart.  I'm guessing your KFC doesn't carry these bad boys.  And in case you are wondering, it's a pie crust, with a layer of chocolate, a layer of banana wrapped in EGG, then topped with some type of cream and chocolate chips.  I'll try and get Doug to try one next time and he can update you all on how it is. :)

There's a ton of little vendors set up on the bottom floor of Big C and outside as well.  Anybody want a guitar?

Look out, he's armed!

Doug always takes this short cut, it's also a NARROW cut, it's fine if you don't meet any other cars. We met about 3, it's a miracle I didn't have a heart attack.

Almost back on our tall tree road.


When we got home, Kees and I did school work, Kora took a nap, and Doug studied.  Then, Kees and I made dinner. He's been asking to make potato soup for a month, we finally made it and he didn't like it. But he did like the bread we made and he ate some grapes.  He keeps asking to make tortillas again.  We still have some of the other batch, but he loved making them.  While I was making the soup, Kees made his pizza soup again.  I was taking all of my spices out and cleaning the baskets they are stored in, so he took advantage of that!
I peeled potatoes while Kees worked on building robots.

Then we read some books.

It's Friday, close enough to the weekend for me to want to lay down on our BIG pillow to read our books.

Measuring the flour.

Adding the oil/water mixture.

Ready to put it in the oven.

I ran and got the oven mits for him to make sure he didn't get burned putting it in.

Pizza soup anyone. He also made the yummiest cake that has ever been made.

This bread was a yeast-less no-knead bread, so SUPER easy.  It tasted like a big biscuit.  I turned the broiler on for the last five minutes, so it was nice and crusty.  I'm thinking of making this again and using the dough for monkey bread or maybe adding cinnamon sugar to make it a cinna-biscuit.  At my parent's house I always hoped there would be leftover biscuits, cause when there were, my dad would slice those babies in half, add some butter and cinnamon sugar and toast them. So good, and sometimes we even ate them with oatmeal!

Here's the link to the bread recipe, again, it's just like a biscuit, but huge, but it's quick and easy!  Doug is dreaming I will make this bad boy up, less the oregano and salt and pour some chocolate syrup on it or gravy, except I am morally opposed to gravy, but that's another story for another time.  Oh, and I was told by a friend that the link to my tortilla recipe didn't work, so here is a different one.  The only thing I change is the lard, not sure where to get that or how I feel about it, so I use Crisco, but you could use butter or margarine, whatever you happen to have.  I also do 1 1/4 cups of water and add more if I need it. It's so humid here, when I do the full 1 1/2 I end up having to add a lot of extra flour.


1 comment:

  1. another great blog with lots of great pics!so gal to see them grow and thankful Kora ia feeling better!love and prayers Grandpabooo!

    ReplyDelete