Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Yesterday it was ants, Today it's MOSQUITOS!

Day 93:

Not sure how it's Tuesday.  Considering all the stuff I've done in the past three days, it feels like a weeks worth. So shouldn't it be Friday?

And now I'm so tired, I'm having to look back at my pictures to even figure out what we did today. YIKES! I'm getting too old.

Today Kruu Jeab was sick, so I was able to talk to my sister on Voxer and Grandma Sheryl! That doesn't happen too often, so I was glad it worked out.  I took this picture for Doug's momma (Grandma Sheryl) cause she was asking what ant cups were.
Ant cup

While I was talking to her, Kora was "helping" Doug study.
Investigating

I guess when Kees woke up, he didn't find us right away.  He is NOT a morning person, and having his routine altered throws him off. 
Kees explaining that he was going back and forth and back and forth and he couldn't find us!

We had breakfast and all that good stuff. We were out of malt ball, so Kees reluctantly tried a smoothie, he eventually came around to liking it.  Doug left to go meet someone for lunch, so I stayed home with kids.  I had a minor melt down/panic attack about my fingernails.  3 weeks ago Monday, I got gel nails.  They've looked great this whole time.  For some reason today, I guess because I knew the 3 weeks was up, I peeled them all off.  Fairly certain you are not supposed to do that.  I clipped all my nails short and attempted to buff the tops of them to smooth them out. No luck. So I had to repaint them. I guess they look okay, but there was about 5 minutes in there where I had a bit of an identity crisis.  Not having my nails looking nice after 3 whole weeks of bliss made me feel so bare.  I've reconciled myself to the short, regular, run of the mill I painted them myself look. 
Okay, for some reason, possibly ADHD, the first photo is my right hand and the bottom two are my left, but you get the idea.  The middle one was after I removed the gel stuff and after I clipped my nails and tried to smooth the tops, you can't see it very well, but they were looking rough.

And because I am a glutton for punishment, I painted my nails right before I needed to be making lunch.  Stupid, rookie mistake. Oh well, who is really going to be inspecting my nails.  Doug got home and I had left a bowl of cheesy rice sitting out.  Almost as soon as Doug walked in, I let my guard down...another rookie mistake, and Kora helped herself. ;)
This was a mess, Doug cleaned it up for me because he is a champion.

We took about 30 minutes to take all of our stuff out of our wardrobe in our bedroom. It broke last week and our friend Somsak was coming over to fix it for us.  I should have gotten a picture of all the stuff we hauled out, I'll try to remember tomorrow.

It was Kora's nap time and we figured while she napped, Kees and I could go buy juice and produce.  We went to Royal Project, the park, and then to a little fruit stand.  I was feeling unproductive since I didn't get to study with Kruu Jeab today, but then when we were at the fruit stand I had a lengthy-ish conversation with a lady I met there.  I understood EVERYTHING she said, and I even responded to everything, except when she asked if I was a teacher and I kind of froze, because technically I am, but I'm just teaching my kids at home right now.  I recovered quickly enough and I cannot tell you how much better I've gotten.  I still have quite a ways to go, but seeing progress is really encouraging!
Going shopping!  I love this place, it's tiny, and has air conditioning.  And I'm always finding rare treasures.

This jing jok (lizard) is not RARE or a TREASURE!

And about 2 minutes in, we're playing a rousing game of find a bathroom.  Yeah, we had to walk through some mud.

As we were leaving we spotted something interesting...

 The delivery truck!

After we left Royal Project, I was trying to decide where to go to buy bananas. There is a fruit stand we really like, but it's on the right side of the road and I wasn't sure where I'd park or how I'd get back on the road. So I decided we should go past the fruit stand, play at the park, then stop on the way back so the truck would be pointed the right direction.  And just FYI there's always a ton of motorbikes whizzing around on either side of you as you drive and this road has nearly no shoulder.

Headed into the park, it's near this temple.

There was nobody there.

This slide was so wet at the bottom, but nothing gets past Kees and he avoided that nonsense.

This is one of those glidey walker things, like a Gazelle.  I exercised while Kees played.  For the last 10 minutes he joined me and we played "I Spy" while we glided.

Another view of part of the temple.

The fruit stand has a fridge in the back with pre-cut fruit!  Each tray is 10 baht, that's about 30 cents.  We got dragon fruit and watermelon.

We also bought mangosteen, those purple ones to the right.

When we got home, we heard Kora crying. Apparently she did not want to nap, she wanted Momma. So I snuggled her and got her to sleep.  Poor Doug, he was a little frazzled. She usually doesn't do that, she naps for him 99 percent of the time.
She slept like a baby after she got some Momma time.

We ate dinner, Somsak came to work on the wardrobe, the kids and Doug watched some shows while I made chicken, spaghetti sauce, and chocolate chip pancakes.  I did not even get a chance to rest until after ten o'clock!  I may need a nap tomorrow!
Kora eating dragon fruit, this is after she plowed through a whole tray of watermelon.

Doug is making a mosquito trap out of an old coke bottle. 

This stool is heavy. No one asked her to move it, but she seems put out.

First, she got into my tea glass....

Then she climbed up into her chair and ate Kees's peanut butter sandwich.

She read books by herself for 15 minutes. I was shocked.

Playing with giant clothes pins.

I may have started this trend.

Cooked chicken.  I shredded it all and put it in a plastic container to throw in quesadillas, sandwiches, wraps, rice, whatever.

This spaghetti sauce is not very yummy. :(

These chocolate chip muffins are very yummy!

My oven only fits one tray of muffins, so I used the leftover batter to make pancakes.  I would like you to take a moment to notice the jing jok (lizard) harassing me by looking in the window while I cook. 


Ran across this on Facebook today and it has ME written all over it.

Hope you all are having a great Tuesday, and that if FEELS like Tuesday and not Friday for you. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment