Sunday, June 2, 2013

Kora's Adventures in Thailand

 Preface: Okay, so I'm so far behind right now, and it's not even funny.  We're hosting company and I've been staying up too late and then not wanting to stay up even later to blog.  I've still been taking pictures though, which is nice, cause my memory is terrible.  Enough about that, here's what's been happening in our neck of the woods.

Day 68:
(Friday)

In case you forgot, Amanda arrived after dinner time on Thursday. So Friday was our first breakfast. I made a practice coffee cake, so we had some for breakfast. I was practicing for Sunday's baking class. Doug said it wasn't the best, and that it wasn't sweet enough.  Typically Thai people think our desserts are too sweet, so not sweet enough for Doug is just right for baking class!

Kora had some mango and Kees showed Amanda his tools. The kids also had fun playing with Amanda.

 
 
After breakfast, Amanda joined me for my language session. Her Thai is superb, I hate her, I mean I'm really glad she's on my team and I can learn from her.  It was fun! She knows Kruu Jeab already and they are friends, so they were able to catch up a little too. (Kora got into a lot of adventures during that ONE hour!)

 
 

 
 
 
We headed to lunch to meet up with some other friends who were in town for the graduation.  We met at Nic's, that really cool playground restaurant we took Kees to for his birthday. There was actually a party going on, so it was a little too many people for Kees's liking, but he managed.

 
 
 
 
Amanda had some shopping to do and was wanting to check out Ban Tawai. It's a market that sells souvenier type stuff, furniture, art, clothes, purses, jewelry. and who knows what all.  We haven't been out there in over a year so we were excited to go back.  It's mostly covered, so that was nice and the space between the stalls is very open, it gave Kora and Kees plently of room to walk and explore.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Doug lasted about 45 minutes, then he said he would take the kids home and we could get public transportation back home. We weren't sure we'd be able to get a ride from there, so we had him take us to Big C. The plan was to get a taxi back to my place and then I was going to drive Amanda and myself to the graduation. Doug has sworn of graduations all together and swears my own children will not be able to participate in one.  I can hear my mother saying, "You just hide and watch!" right about now.  Cause this Momma is gonna holler and cry and embarrass the whole bunch WHEN my babies graduate.  Well, when we called the taxi, we found out we'd have to wait quite a while, so we ended up having Doug come get us.  We ran out of time to go back to my place and Doug decided he'd just drop us off and we'd hitch a ride home.  We were wearing the same clothes we'd left the house in WAY earlier in the day. I decided to buy a nicer top to wear to the graduation. You'll never believe what idiotic thing I did this time. Actually, if you've been reading the blog, maybe you've realized my life is one string of errors, and this WON'T come as that much of a surprise to you.  Okay, so I changed my shirt and somehow left the original one underneath the new one, all waded up in the back.  So I was wearing a nice top, I just had a major hunch back.  Amanda claims she never noticed, but I'm sure at least a few of the hundreds of people at the graduation did. Someday, I will be a mature adult that has it all together.  If I keep saying that, will it make it true?

 

After graduation, we had an awesome dance party with my kids and stayed up late!
 


Day 69:
(Saturday)

Saturday morning, Dawn picked us up. Doug and the kids stayed home and then met up with us later. Dawn had always wanted to stop at this stepping stone place that's on our tall tree road, and we decided...why not???  She ended up picking some out.  They were not very expensive, less than 3 dollars each, some were only $2.


 
 
After buying the stones, we went to Index living mall. It's a huge home decor, furniture, garden store here in Chiang Mai. It has a lot of really nice stuff. It's where I bought my cool cup that has the straw in it.
 
By the time we finished it was getting close to lunch time and we'd already arranged to go see a movie with a big group at 1:40.  So we headed to the mall, ate lunch, then went to see "Epic".
 
 Here's the thing. Both our kids get in free, and they ALWAYS sleep during the movie. This movie was a cartoon in 3D, and guess what, all of a sudden, neither one of them slept. And princess Kora could not be bothered to sit still.  I have never, in all my parenting years had to leave a theater and miss a movie.  How is this happening to me???  I didn't love the movie that much anyway, so I'll just catch it on DVD when it comes out.


 
 
 
The movie ended, Doug took the kids and I got to go on a ladies night out.  We had dinner near the Night Bazaar, went shopping, and got foot massages...one hour is $5.  Then we got home late, and I didn't blog because I'm a big fat loser, sorry y'all.  I'll try to do better, but maybe after this week, or after vacation, not sure what our internet will be like at our hotel.
 

 
 
 
 







1 comment:

  1. Couldn't help but notice you were in the middle of the car as usual but this time you aren't the littlest. Bad luck to r your poor back.

    ReplyDelete