Thursday, June 13, 2013

Puking and Prawns

Day 80:

Puking is no fun.  It's especially no fun when you are on vacation and trying not to disturb the whole family who is crammed into one hotel room. There was no option for me to sleep elsewhere, but I did lay on the bathroom floor for a while. If you noticed, I never finished the blog from day 79, still need to go back and finish it, but I just kept feeling sicker and sicker.  I'm just glad I was mostly better by morning.  I did have a headache all day and finally took some medicine around 6 pm, should have done that much sooner!

Since I was sick, Doug cancelled the fun. I kept trying to tell him I *thought* I was okay, but he didn't want to chance it.  It was also rainy all day, so I wasn't missing too much.  Doug went around 11 and tried to hunt down some fresh seafood at food stalls on the beach.  He was so disappointed, none of it turned out to be any good. He tried fried prawns and shrimp pad thai.
Rain!

Checking out the weather

Awww, that lovely ocean, beautiful no matter what the weather is like.
After our failed attempt at seafood, we took the kids to check out the indoor play place.  It was pretty cool.  We only stayed about 20 minutes cause we were getting hungry, and by we I mean me.

We had lunch ( a re-do after the yucky stuff) at the hotel restaurant.  Which, is ironically called, "The Ocean View", but all you can see is a busy road and some power lines.  We can see the ocean from our room, but we are much higher up.  We are visiting Phuket (poo ket) during off season, so the weather hasn't been great and there's a lot of things closed and/or under construction. They are working in the lobby of our hotel, but they have it blocked off nicely.
Elevator buttons are amazing!


The "Ocean View"

Um, where's the ocean???

I got a "Sherry Temple" not Shirley, Sherry.  And it was too tart for Doug's liking, but I thought it was good...Sprite, lime juice and grenadine if you are wondering what all is in it.  I tried to slip my fabulous nails into the picture, but you can't fully appreciate their awesomeness here.

Baked pineapple rice, it was so good.  I wished I had just skipped ordering and shared with the kids.

Kora just wanted to eat that bird's head and she went right for the pepper beak and got quite a shock.

I thought eating bird flesh would be more satisfying than this.

Shrimp curry

Just enjoying the sights and sounds of the ocean.

After lunch, my head was hurting worse and I was desparate for a nap. Not only was I sick the previous night, but Kora did not sleep well either, which means I was up with her multiple times.  Again, where are the grandparents when you need them.  Who am I kidding?  Kora won't even go to Doug, she only wants Momma, so I'm stuck.  Which is fine if I'm not needing to hug the toilet all night. ;)

Since I was at the end of my fragile fraying rope, Doug took the kids back to the play place for a couple hours and let me rest.  When he got back, I was feeling worse, that's when I broke down and took medicine.  Again, should have done that much MUCH sooner.  Ah, well.  We stayed in and munched on snacks and had ramen type noodles for dinner.
Play place!

I was specifically asked by a friend about how our snack planning was going.  I'm very pleased.  We've had plenty of stuff, but not a crazy amount of excess.  I guess I'm becoming a better planner.  And let me tell you, if there aren't enough extras at the end of the week, I WILL be stocking up before I get on the plane!












No comments:

Post a Comment