Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Crying at Crest (...and then, there was cake!)

Wednesday:

After a week away, and then a couple of days of playing catch up, with laundry AND rest. We finally got back to doing more educational type activities.  Kees is LOVING his Jesus Calling book, we've read tons of bible stories lately, and I've answered darn near 3,000 questions, I swear! 

One of my favorite, yet most frustrating, conversations was over the picture that accompanied the "tower of Babel" story. In the picture, there were people tripping and falling off the building after the languages were confused. Kees kept asking specifically what happened to each person in the picture. Keep in mind, none of those questions relate, at all, to the actual account given in the bible, so I feel like I'm just making stuff up! I explained that to him the best I could, but that just opened the door for more questions. You know who else asks a lot of questions, his dad! And these are the times I feel like HE is the one that should have to answer these types if questions!!! Cause he sure didn't get that from me!


He loves this book so much that he wanted to read the whole thing. We took a break to eat, so we didn't read it all yet, but at this rate...we will!


Thursday:

Busy kiddos, washing Kees's Rastacarian.


Kees doing work on the Thomas laptop, and watching for the water to boil. The brown on Kora's face is make up.





There are a few staples we buy, like almond milk, apple juice, cheese, eggs, bananas, and veggies. We were out of some of our favorite foods, so while Kora was napping, Kees and I went to Crest. 



The reasons I cry get sillier and sillier. On this day, all it took was an Asian lady in the parking lot. I didn't talk to her and she probably wasn't even Thai. But it reminded me of Thailand, something about her smile and demeanor. Which jerked me back to reality, I don't live in Thailand anymore, we're not going back (to live, in the immediate future). 

This is not the life I had planned and frankly, sometimes, it just doesn't seem fair! But you know what else isn't fair, God's grace. It's all about perspective, and while I'm still mourning, what was and what wasn't to be, I can't dwell! And, it DOES get easier. Each time I'm reminded, and I have a bout of sadness, I notice my recovery is much quicker and I'm staying in my new reality more and more. As I'm typing this, I'm thinking of Lot's wife, looking back. It's my choice to be paralyzed looking back, or to press on. 

Despite it all, I'm confident that we chose to leave (Thailand) in direct response to God. I've had varying degrees of clarity in relation to the timing and reason why, but I can always trust that the path ahead is secure and it's part of a bigger plan. My plans are small and finite, but not God's! Amen!?!

So those moments, that cause me to pause, that remind me of my past, they are also reminders of where God has brought me, that he's never left my side, and he's carrying me forward. I rest in Him!

And what better way to rest in him than eating cake with my little munchies. I love  Cookies N Cards in Norman. Some of you may remember the ladies night for my birthday, which included the cake tasters club, it's a weekly thing on Thursday. I'm trying to take advantage of as many of these as possible while we're in Oklahoma! Doug was feeling sick and do was Grandma, so it was just me and the kids.

Not very long before we left, this happened...



They were so excited, can you tell?

They eventually woke up and enjoyed the cake. The place was packed out, so we had to sit on the floor!

Kids were thirsty, the one time I didn't pack drinks for them, so I shared my Dr. Pepper.



After we got home, Kees felt like doing school work, so we did, foam sticker mosaics and a number workbook.



No comments:

Post a Comment