Monday, January 13, 2014

Cake-tastrophe 2014 Edition

This was the birthday planning week! Kora turned two on Friday the 10th and her party was the next day. Over the course of the week I made 4 strawberry cakes! Only one was a major catastrophe!  

Monday (1-6-14):

This was our last full day in OKC, then we were heading to a Paden to spend time with Gramee and Grampa and finish up the birthday stuff.

Kees and I made a shopping list and went to get all the cake ingredients and last minute party stuff.



At Aldi

We went to Walmart Neighborhood market, since I'm boycotting regular Walmarts after the "incident"

After shopping, we went back to grandma Sheryl's, and I attempted a strawberry cake from scratch. I didn't get any pictures, of the disaster, but I was trying really hard not to cry! I followed the recipe, and it basically burned the top third, cooked the middle third, and the bottom third was raw batter! Pretty sure I couldn't duplicate it like that if I wanted to. At this point, I decided I'd give up and just do a recipe that used a cake mix...more on that later...


Tuesday:
Another packing day. The longer we "live in transition" the harder it gets to keep packing and unpacking, and re-packing. Sometimes I feel like a mental patient, all our stuff is here, and there, and everywhere. Not to mention, we ALWAYS forget something. This time, we ended up with several random Walmart bags with odds and ends. Ugh! Is it moving day yet?!?
She loves writing.



We made it to Gramee and Grampa's, both kids napped on the way. Somehow, in all the hub bub of packing, we forgot to get Kees dressed and had already packed out the van before we realized. Parenting fail! So he had a pajama day. He didn't complain, thankfully.

Kees had fun re-discovering his Christmas toys from family. He found the Legos and Doug helped him put it all together.


Lego Building

A digger

Can't remember what we were watching, but Kees was dancing.

I ran back into town to buy diapers and a cake mix. Cake attempt number 2 was a little dry, but edible, which is more than I can say for the first attempt.

Not a failure, not the yummiest, but it'll do!

Hello Kitty decor.


Wednesday:

I started the madness of putting together a slide show for Kora's party. I spent most of the due doing that. My kids may have been slightly neglected, Kora had to bring a pillow to the living room to remind us that no one was giving her a nap and it was past time!!

Putting herself down for a nap



She stole one of Mamaw's magazines.

We went to church, Doug took both our kids to Awana so I got to go to 'big church' all by myself!!!
She bosses Grampa around.

No comments:

Post a Comment