Monday, January 20, 2014

The Hooded Wonder

Tuesday (1-21-14):

Traveling to Texas, these trips are always an undertaking, not sure if it's more easy or less easy to pack since we already live out of suitcases, our van, and Rubbermaid totes. In any case, wearing me down, always great once we get in the road, but the packing days are hard, physical reminder that we're not home yet.

Our kids are great travelers!

We saw a drone!!!

Blue Mound, lots of family, lots of memories. My parents met and got married here, my sister and I were both brought home from the hospital here. Lots of Sunday lunches, playing with cousins, and holidays. It's always good to be back!

Sonic sells sweet tea, like THIS, and it was YUM!

Playing in the Tucker's back yard!


Kathryn made lasagna, I guess Doug was road weary because he accidentally poured salad dressing on his lasagna!!!

The Bains came over AND Aunt Valeri and Aunt Betty! We are always welcomed in a big way in Texas, amen!

Kees playing iPad with Carson.

Uncle Doug, doing what he does!

The trip was uneventful, always a good thing, and we loved settling in and catching up with family, before our busy week got into full swing.

Wednesday (1-22-14):

We woke up and watched the trains!


Kora decided she wanted to go outside, so she put her hat on...

After they came in, this happened...

Kees was pretending that he had a remote to unlock and lock the refrigerator.

After we changed their clothes, notice above they slept in their clothes...I know, you're appalled, I took the kids outside cause Doug rarely takes pictures, even though I frequently shout at him to do so, as he walks out the door. Can you say, "selective hearing"?


It wasn't that cold, but I showed Kora her pockets, she liked that!



Wednesday night, we were speaking at Glenview Awana, but we didn't have plans during the day, so the Bains used their Children's museum passes to take our family and Kathryn. We decided to take lunches, as we were making sandwiches, both of my kids wanted cheese, this is what Kora did with hers...

The Children's museum was so cool! Our kids had a blast!

And here's the disclaimer: I asked Kees when we got inside if he was ready to take his hood off. He said no, I didn't push the issue, and he wore his hood the whole time we were there!

In the grocery store...




Kora loved pushing the cart, and getting fruit!

Kandalynn, baby Colton, and Kathryn.

Carson with his dad, dressing up!

By the time I made my rounds and got back to Kora, she was carrying a basket like a purse, she's a lady.

Kora adopted this baby, she put the baby in one of the grocery carts and pushed her all around the place, until one of the workers made her put the cart back in the grocery store area. She did not understand and got very upset. I almost cried trying to explain it to her. Ugh! I'm totally the weakest link. 

Doug saved the day by taking the kids to the outside play area, but Kora wanted to take her baby. Doug convinced her I would baby sit, so I held her baby while she went outside.

 Oddly enough, she forgot how attached she was to this doll and had no problem leaving her when it was time to go to lunch. So thankful for that, I was ready to go buy a baby from the gift shop...I know, I shouldn't be allowed to have kids. 

Doug did this creepy weirdness, can't get him to take pictures of our biological children, but creepy adopted granddaughter gets this treatment!!!

Kees had me go outside to look around before we headed to lunch.


Lunch break, then we headed to a different area of the museum. The giant light bright was awesome!




I made this house, my subconscious is dying to get us settled...apparently. ;) This is my dream house!

Kora checking it out!



While the dads went to get the cars, the kids, in theory, were going to play on the slide in the gift shop. Kees went up and down the stairs, and only worked the nerve up to go down right as we were leaving. Kora followed suit. Carson just kept going around them, they just weren't sure about this one!

The kids fell asleep on the way home, so after we picked up Kathryn's boys and dropped them off we went to Sonic for happy hour, the kids slept!


When our kids are asleep in the back seat, we make it a "date". We decided to try the molten red velvet cheesecake, not very impressive. We also saw a bird!


Texas and trains.

After dinner, we headed to Awana. We were able to share with the kids, they've seen us a few times before and even skyped us in Thailand. They're always so nice to us! We hung out with Kandalynn in the open play area since Kora went to her class, we took advantage. Kees stayed with us, but he had fun playing restaurant.


Doug played with Colton.

And then, one of the teachers delivered this fabulous note! The perfect way to end the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment