Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Influenza

Sunday (1-19-14):

While I was at the home school conference, Doug messaged me to let me know that Kees was running a fever. :(  I think he slept a lot on Saturday, and since he was still running a fever, I kept them both home (at Grandma Sheryl's) and Doug went to Elevate church to set up our GoodSeed table.  I HATE missing out on the fun, but when the babies need Momma, they need Momma,  and that's what I'm here for.

Kees may have been sick, but Kora was high energy as always, and helped me with some chores.

Laundry

Folding clothes is interesting with "help", she just grabs piles and walks off.  Thankful she hasn't thrown anything in the tub or toilet yet...I fear that's coming. Reminding myself to keep the bathroom door SHUT.
This cat meows and meows and doesn't stop. And if I turn it off, then I get to hear Kora crying.  It's a win, win.

In the evening I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few things...typically we run out of juice or milk.  I think this time I was getting some lunch meat, and possibly cheese. I was also looking for medicine because Kees was still under the weather.

I found this shirt at Crest for Doug.

The number of times I've caught her with "dangerous" objects is outrageous. There is no Kora-proof that I'm aware of, but we keep trying...



Monday (1-20-14):

Kees slept, a lot, on this day. His fever was mostly gone, and he seemed far less miserable, but he slept and slept!


Kora, not sick, and I'm not sure if I've mentioned the fact that she eats every 15 minutes all day long. And she eats everything, veggies, pasta, rice, meat, beef jerky! It's like my kids have discussed every topic known to man and taken sides, Kees is staunchly opposed to eating, but Kora is a big proponent. Kees could win a sleeping marathon, while Kora feels the need to wake up every couple of hours to re-iterate, that while she WILL sleep, she's doing so in protest. I could go on...




Medicine....


Later in the day...





Not sure if I've mentioned the boil in a bag rice before now, but even if I have, it's worth mentioning! I bought this at Walmart Neighborhood Market (not on my ban list). Notice it's Jasmine rice! Living in Thailand made me a rice snob, and this meets my requirements, especially since  I don't have a rice cooker. I will definitely be buying one, right after we have a place of our own. I'm fighting the urge to buy extra stuff that I'll have to pack up and take 27 1/2 hours up to Idaho (in March!!!!!!). So, eat more rice, start with this stuff, it's a gateway rice!

I'm a multi tasker, so while I was making rice, I was emptying the dish washer, and Kora was emptying the silverware drawer.  With Kora, I've learned if it's not dangerous or mean spirited, to just go with it. She has a strong mind about her, and I'm okay with that, she's gonna get stuff done, alright! About 90 percent ended up on the counter and only a mere 10 percent ended up on the floor.

And if Kora is "undoing" something, Kees is there, sick and all, to fix it. Like I said, they can't agree! I love Kora's guilty look in the bottom right photo below!

I was more than thrilled to see Kees smiling and playing Monday night...we were heading to Texas the next day, so healthy and non-contagious is good!

I'm ashamed to say I complain way too much about living with other people and bring transient these last few months, but when I look at pictures like this, I'm humbled and reminded what a blessing time with family is, not to mention, they aren't complaining (to me anyway) about being over run with our junk and sticky fingered kiddos. (Thanks Grandma Sheryl, you're the best!)

Not sure what we did to get in trouble, but Kora's letting us know about it!



And that's that! Next post we'll be on the road again...the theme song for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment