Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Thai Food for the Soul

Day Wednesday (1-1-14):

I'm doing it, I'm staying caught up! YES!  Enjoy it while it lasts folks. :)

It's the first day of the new year. If you read the blog I posted earlier (here), then you know last night I barely slept.  I stayed up till midnight with Kees. Doug and Kora were already alseep, for many hours.  I couldn't sleep. My brain was going 90 to nothing, so I decided to look at pictures and try to get some set aside for Kora's birthday party.  Well, guess what folks, most of Kora's life was spent in Thailand. Looking at those photos made me SO homesick for Thailand.  Finally fell asleep and then woke up to a photo posted by a friend (who works in Thailand) of their son wearing an OU outfit.  Double homesick!  I thought very seriously about sitting down, or laying on my face and crying.  But I already cried last night, and I've got things to do. So I blogged instead.  And the day got much, much better, thank you Jesus.

This girl did NOT want a nap today. She cried for 45 minutes, slept for a little over an hour, then woke up and cried for 30 more minutes. I think her two year molars are coming in. She turns 2 on the 10th.

She finally calmed down when she started watching Scooby Doo with Kees.
 Not sure if my cousin Randee read the blog and decided to throw a party to cheer me up, but they invited us over tonight.  There was family, and there was AMAZING Thai food, 2 of my favorite things.  I'm ending this day, so, so much happier. So thankful they had us over, it was EXACTLY what I needed.

This Thai food fed my belly AND my soul.  Pad Thai,  Basil Fried Rice, and Panang Curry...so delicious!

We ARE family. Poor Tim had an allergy attack and had to take Benadryl.



Getting ready to leave

They were deciding what they would do if their dad, Tim fell asleep. They said they'd just leave him and come back for him in the morning.

For some reason this reminds me of Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood

She thinks she's big stuff on top of this ottomon.

 When we got back to Grandma Sheryl's she had presents for the kids from Nanny (Doug's maternal grandma).  They loved them! Thank you Nanny!  And now I'm blogging, and getting ready for bed. 2014 is in full swing, bring it!







I saw this posted on Facebook, and I like it.  Plus also, Will Rogers is an Oklahoman, gotta love that!


No comments:

Post a Comment