Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Waiting on Mamaw

Thursday (1-9-14):

I woke up at 7:30, took 2 breaks to eat, 15 minutes each, other than that, I was working on the slide show for Kora's party. I finally finished around 2. Kees and I decided we'd go get Mamaw's sonic coke (this is a daily occurrence between 2-4). We needed a few more party supplies anyway. ;) She was still asleep, so we were just gonna bring it back for her, but, right as we were leaving, she woke up. So I asked if she wanted to go with us, or just have me pick it up. She wanted to come with us, but her memory is declining rapidly and we had to keep reminding her that we were waiting on her, we ended up waiting 45 minutes. When she finally got ready, she plopped down in her chair, so funny. I feel so bad for her, and my parents who are watching her, every day, she wakes up and asks what month and year it is, then takes twenty minutes to figure out her own age. One day, I told her 5 times during this process that she was 75, that this month is January and she'll turn 76 in May. This did not deter her, she still did the math, 10 minutes later, she stated what is already told her, she's 75. The previous day, my dad went through the same thing with her, but that time when she got done, my dad said, "Yep, you're 75!". Then she replied, "Well you could have just told me, and saved me all that trouble figuring it out." He just said, "I did tell you."

Making silly faces and eating peanut butter while we wait.

We're silly, this is the day I couldn't find my make up, later I found out, Kora had gotten it and Doug moved it. I borrowed Gramee's and her skin is human flesh colored as opposed to my milky casper tone.

After all that work to get ready, Mamaw needed a rest. ;)


After our trip to town, I made another scratch cake, this one turned out, yay! We had the most amazing ribs for dinner, then I frosted the cake, just in time to go to ladies bible study. There's a men's study too, so I kept the kids with me.
BEST RIBS EVER

At dinner, we discussed Gerbert, who remembers Gerbert???
It's lopsided, pretend you don't notice.

Strawberry cream cheese frosting, ready to be covered with fondant.
Kora in the closet at church, she's a mess!
After bible study, I stayed up late making and dying the fondant for the Hello Kitty cake.  It took 2 1/2 hours, most of that time was spent adding food coloring and kneading the fondant. Making the actual fondant didn't take that long.



Playing with the mat Kees got for Christmas, they were wrapping up in it, like a burrito.

Asking Gramee to read to her.

Fondant, finally done!

No comments:

Post a Comment