Monday, January 20, 2014

Spelunking

Sunday (1-12-14):

We went to Elevate church, the message was really good and challenging. My big take away was, make space in your life for Jesus.  I decided, as a mom, I need to re-focus and make sure I am teaching my kids and it needs to be a priority!  Good, good stuff!
Seek and Find Book

Loading up!
After church, we had delicious Thai food for lunch. The restaurant didn't open until noon, since we got there a little early, we shopped at the Asian market near there.
At the Asian market!  My friend Alicia likes those Koala cookies, we thought of her. We got Kora a package of the Hello Kitty cookie sticks, she opened them. We pretended we were in Thailand where you give kids what they want.

Pad Thai, Evil Jungle Curry, and Pineapple Fried Rice...way too much food, but it's all good leftover.

It's strange for me to shop in an Asian market and eat Thai food, such good memories, but also a reminder that we're here and not there.  Still adjusting to our new normal, and not even quite there yet, still a little more time before we really settle and get our feet under us.  Thai food makes me so happy!  It makes every day better.  Cannot wait to have my own kitchen and cook Asian food a lot more often, and having a rice cooker!  One of my favorite at home lunches was omelet and rice.  Haven't had it in forever and it's easy, yummy, and cheap.  Someday, someday......:)

After lunch we went back to Grandma's place. In the evening, we decided to go spelunking!  Our kids have been enjoying building a cave with the air mattresses in the room we're staying in.  We love hiding in there as a family and rescuing each other if we get stuck!

Kora loves the "Endless ABC" app, it's free, if you have a little one, stop what you're doing and go download it.  So fun!

Kora is eating the cookie sticks that Kees didn't eat.

Little sneak!

Watching Curious George, no doubt, her favorite!!!

Eating Kees's sandwich, you snooze you lose buddy!

In the cave

My Hello Kitty phone doubles as a flashlight.


Gorgeous lady
SO. MUCH. FUN.


Monday (1-13-14):

Doug's dad has been wanting us to try the Cajun King restaurant that's near his place. Kora was so excited to get to see Grandpa Boo again!  We enjoyed a yummy meal, then went back to their place for a couple hours. 

Catfish and blackened pork chop. They also had beignets, fried chicken, baked chicken, au gratin potatoes, candied yams, eetouffee, clam chowder, and all sorts of other stuff. Uncle Stephen took his lunch break and came too. He said the sweet tea was awesome as well!  Almost forgot, bread pudding for dessert, Doug's favorite!!!

Not sure he got to eat much, but Kora ate a lot.
Doug's dad is great at entertaining our kids, I was wishing I'd brought my laptop to get some work done while he had the kids busy!


Putting the tracks together.
Kora telling Grandpa Boo about her head injury.

After Grandpa and Ginny's place, Doug took me to get a Sonic drink, Kees and I ran into the Disney store to spend some of his Christmas money on Cars cars, well he picked monster trucks, but, same difference.

They got ring pops from Grandpa!

YUM
Kora was willing to share.
At Sonic, we got a small slush and wanted an extra cup, so the kids could share.  Keep in mind the small slush is sixty cents.  Just the cup, small ice, no ice, was forty cents. Might as well have just gotten them each their own slush!  So much for trying to save a little money. :)
Shopping

When we got back in the car, Kora was out!
On the way back to Grandma's, we stopped at Academy because I've been wanting a Sugar Bowl Champ shirt ever since our big win over Alabama.  I finally found one!!! Glad I had birthday money from my parents (my birthday is the 15th), so I could get the nice one.  Yay!

At Grandma's place, I went over to the dumpster to put our car trash in, and saw this mouse, embarrassed to say, it startled me.
Trying on my shirt! Love it!
I was serious about making more space and time to teach my kids, so after we got to Grandma's I ran back out to find the perfect bible story books to go through with my kids.  Mardel has everything, it's a dream come true, I want to live there. 

Heading to Mardel's the moon looked cool!
Also went to Ross, I really want one of these for when I take the kids to the library and various other things.
Bought this for the kids at Mardel's.
When I read Kees his bible stories from his new book, he started asking a lot of questions.  He wanted to know when Jesus turns into a rock. He swears I told him that once.  Hmmmm....
This was forty-nine cents, it's a 15 minutes a day bible reading plan, I love the color coding and the little check boxes, teacher HEAVEN!


Tuesday (1-14-14):

Tuesday was full of catching up on laundry, cleaning, organizing, and working on the birthday blog post.  The birthday blog post (the one from the 10th), took so long because I was gathering pictures from Kora's whole life...all two years worth. I have majillions of pictures, I posted way too many in that post, but I have the worst time narrowing it down, I love so many!!!

This was the only pictures I actually took this day!

Hiding in the pantry.
This girl thinks of food 24/7...gets that from ME!




1 comment:

  1. great pics again,wondering did you get the money in your birthday card from us?hope so,hope you did not think is was for Kora!love and prayers BOOO

    ReplyDelete