Monday, January 20, 2014

Well into my 30s.

Wednesday (1-15-14):

I've barely accepted the fact that I'm 30, now I'm 31. How did that happen?

Doug and I had several conversations about how we could celebrate my birthday.   We had a gift card to go to Olive Garden, we wanted to do dinner and a movie. Unfortunately Kees is still a little iffy about being left, even with family.  He's completely fine, but refuses to go to the bathroom without us present, so that's an issue. We ended up deciding, I'd go to a movie with Kees in the afternoon and then to dinner with Doug in the evening.

I ended up running out to Dollar General to get a few things, and found Blockus on sale 75% off. My kids were so happy!









I really enjoyed the movie and Kees only asked around 30 questions, significantly less than usual.

We went back to Grandma's, I curled my hair and touched up my make-up for our big date!





After dinner we had to run to the store for almond milk. ;) The moon was awesome!

It was a quick date, but I'm glad, because as soon as we got home Kees grabbed my hand and took me to the bathroom. Whew! Special thanks to Grandma for watching the kids!





Thursday (1-16-14):

LADIES NIGHT

I got the idea for this outing from my SIL (sister in law).  My favorite cake place, Cookies N Cards has a cake taster's club every Thursday night.  None of us had ever been. I decided it'd be fun to get dinner first, but something light, so we'd have room for cake.  Sushi is my favorite, so that's what we did, sushi, then cake.  WIN, WIN!

Before ladies night, we had a regular day, eating, bathing, reading, playing, Kora napping etc. The only picture I got was of Kora eating, here it is:


Now, here's some Ladies Night fun for ya:


We each had our own sushi roll, and we shared some edamame. Our party included: Madeline (my neice), her mom, Shevaun (Doug's sis), Sheryl (Doug's mom), Randee (my double cousin, who is also married to Doug's brother), and ME!

We had so much fun! I planned a little too much time at dinner, so we sat and talked for a long time. Better than being rushed. ;)

Then it was time for cake! I love Cookies N Cards, their cake is out of this world. I'm not a big cake eater. Don't get me wrong, I like plenty of desserts, but I'm more into brownies and cheese cake or creme brûlée if I'm feeling fancy. But this cake is different, I have a not-so-secret love affair with this cake. Usually, if I'm picking, I choose the pistachio fudge with sour cream fudge frosting. Since it was cake tasters club, I got to try a new flavor , FRESH from the oven!!! I had the cookies and cream, but all five of us got something different so we could sample each other's. The cinnamon swirl was great too. They were all fabulous, but mine and the cinnamon were my favorite. I took some home for Doug. I actually texted him to ask what he wanted, but ended up just getting him what I wanted him to have. ;) I think that annoys him, but it was MY birthday, so I can be the boss of the cake flavors just this once. I bet Doug is wishing that were true. I'll try sweetie! 


Fabulous birthday with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment