Monday, January 20, 2014

Hello Kitty and Catfish

Saturday (1-11-14):

Kora was born here, then, spent her first birthday in Thailand, so this was our first family birthday party.

I had Grampa (my dad) make her a smash cake. But, he accidentally dropped it on the way to the party and had to pull some scraps together for her personal cake. If I didn't have evidence otherwise, no one would have ever known!
The cake landed nicely, I'm sure she would have just eaten it of the ground if we'd let her.

The party was at 10:30, we did a Hello Kitty theme. Kora loves cats, she calls them "meow meows". We had tons of random Hello Kitty stuff laying around, mostly from the Christmas gifts we got from Freedom Fellowship. We had a giant sticker book we used to decorate the tiny cupcakes and cardboard cut outs I had clipped for her sleeping bag/tent box. It's a miracle I had them. I keep saying I can't save stuff since we're moving, but I broke that rule when I hoarded these cardboard pieces and they were perfect! My sister did all the decorating for the party and figured out all the cake toppers. 
Last minute touches

Carrying her baby
More Hello Kitty decor


Strawberry Lemonade and tiny strawberry cupcakes




Grandpa Boo

Deanna and Gammy




The other Tomlinsons

Kees twirling his hair, coping with all the people.







Family, family, family! That was the word of the day. It was great to celebrate with family.

As soon as we all gathered, we watched the slide show I made. I was so sad because it played too fast. When we exported it, the PowerPoint program converted some stuff automatically and I didn't preview it myself. So bummed! I felt like it kind of bombed, but my expectations were too high, I'm sure. ;)
Dead birds we saw on the way over to watch the slide show.





Grampa found a youtube video of a cat singing happy birthday.

After the slide show, we had cake, then Kora opened presents.

Cake!

Grampa and Daddy helping light the candle.

YUMMY









She used the fork and made zero mess, NO FUN!











Claire






Deanna


Madeline

Cousins

Presents


I love her expression!














Look of wonderment!









This cat meows and meows, so annoying!  Thankful the leash detaches and then the cat is quiet. ;)


She loves this baby!

Gramee and Grampa bought her this buggy for her babies, AWESOME!











Getting ready to leave
It was fun to have all the cousins to help test out the toys. Made my heart happy! I love my family! They're the best!

My parents helped clean up and it went so fast! We all headed to "Catfish Round-up" for lunch. Kora was attached to Grandpa Boo at lunch and he bought her some candy!

Alex helped carry the stuff home.
Grampa helped carry the Kora home.
Pushing her babies.



She fell asleep on the way.

Family, table 1







Family, table 2








Grandpa Boo's girl.



CANDY!
On the way out, Kees inspected the fish tank. Then we headed home. 

Fish


We were heading back to OKC, and needed to pack, but I was exhausted, so I took a nap with Kora. When I woke up, I started the packing process. Embarrassed to say it took 2 1/2 hours! Most of our stuff is out in there garage and sometimes I'm just not very fast and feel overwhelmed about decision making.  I hated leaving all of Kora's new toys, but I guess she'll get to enjoy them eventually. We brought her kitty and new Ariel doll with us.

FAMILY

I woke up early the morning of the party and ran across THIS article. There's so much in here that I have wanted to say, and I'm glad someone who is better at communicating went before me and wrote this.  I read it at the party and cried. I wanted to add my own personal touches to it, but was crying so much that I wasn't able to...another BOMB, but that's okay.

So here it is, I'd like to say thank you for all the packages, skype calls, prayers, storage units, visits, listening ears, and encouragement.  For aunts and uncles who sit and play with and invest in our kids.  For grandparents who re-define spoiling. For cousins who remind me that my kids are gonna be okay, for accepting my kids and including them.  For the countless hours you've invested in us that we don't even know about.  Our families have helped make our dreams come true, and helped pick up the pieces when plans changed and joined us in finding new dreams.  We can never thank you enough, for everything, we love you ALL to the moon and back!

1 comment: