Friday, January 3, 2014

Sugar Bowl CHAMPS!

Okay, I'm a Sooner fan, fair warning, you are more than welcome to close this post, right now.  I won't be offended, I won't even know. FAIR warning.

I have pictures of our day yesterday, but first things first, OU beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.  No one, not even the Oklahoma sports announcers predicted it. No one expected it. 

We won the coin toss, and I celebrated like we'd won the game. I wasn't sure I'd get another chance. Did I think we had the goods to win, absolutely, but our quarterback play last night, was not what we've seen all season. Our defense has been solid, but they went above and beyond last night.  It was a TEAM effort and such a sweet, sweet sugary victory.

In less than 2 minutes of play, Alabama went up by a touchdown, we got the ball and Knight threw an interception (that I'd like to state for the record, was a good pass, our receiver touched it and it bounced to the Bama player).  So, no one would have blamed OU or thought less of them if they'd struggled after that start. But they didn't! 

After that point is was a good game, for both teams, in my opinion, until the last few minutes of the 4th quarter.  Would a Bama fan agree? Probably not, but from where I was sitting, standing, dancing, shouting, high fiving, Bama was never out of that game until the very end.  So, in my opinion, they've got chops!  On this particular day, we EARNED a victory, we were ahead most of the game, and we protected that lead.  Final score: 45-31.  (Our defense racked up 7 sacks, Alabama has only allowed 10 all season before last night)

I could go on and on, but let's face it, I'm not sports writer, and people outside of Oklahoma, don't care half as much. (But they should ;).

So here's our day in review:

Doug's mom made chocolate syrup and biscuits for breakfast!  It's a family favorite.  Both of my kids loved it. Kora got a ton of chocolate on her pjs, I'm washing them now, hoping they aren't stained beyond recognition. I'm a little obsessive about stains, no one is surprised by this, are they?  So, if it is still stained, I'll be treating the heck out of it and re-washing it majillions of times, and dying a little on the inside. If I was smart, I would put a bib on her, I have no one to blame but myself. Last time I checked there were still starving children in the world, so I'll try to reign it in, it's not the end of the world. 
Both of my kids love Curious George. Kora thinks that when it's loading the next episode, she should press every button on this remote...not the right remote, mind you, to speed things along. Does anyone else want to tickle that tummy!?!



I think he likes it

After lunch, Kora took a nap. While Kora was napping, Kees played with a Thomas the Train laptop. It teaches letters and numbers. Pretty cool. Kees didn't actually turn it on at first, and as I posted on Facebook yesterday, he told me he was blogging. Then he said, "Momma, I'm loading to your computer, it's a picture of a cloud pooping."  I have no idea where he comes up with the stuff, but I hope it never stops.

Notice the clouds on the top of the laptop, perhaps that's where that came from, and poop is a given. Every picture should include poop.


When Kora woke up from her nap, we all went shopping. We needed a few necessities, oatmeal, and toilet paper. I almost made a youtube video, like this guy here.  Gotta get the oatmeal and toilet paper. I love this video almost as much as Sweet Brown.  If you don't watch it, that 30 seconds less laughing you'll do today. 

We also went to Best Buy because we needed a cable (so we thought) to get the OU vs. Alabama game to play at the Putnam's place. Tim had actually already figured it out, but Doug was want/needing the thing anyone, it was actually an HDMI to Mac convert thingy.  That's why he wouldn't send me into the store, he didn't trust my electronic knowledge. Good move, Doug.

The kids got little notebooks and pens, they were entertained while Daddy went into the man store.


After Best Buy, we stopped by Chicken Express to grab some Sweet Tea for the game. I had forgotten to get soda at the store, but I am so glad I did. This tea is life changing. Don't live another day without trying it. Don't say I never did anything for you.



 We got to Tim and Shevaun's and anxiously anticipated our game.  In the meantime, I pondered out loud, "I wonder what Kenny Rogers thinks about his picture being all over the internet these days."  Guess what, this guy isn't Kenny Rogers...
Photo: Confession: I, 100%, thought this was Kenny Rogers, till Doug corrected me. Just doin my part to keep blonde jokes alive.
I don't always get mistaken as country music singers, but when I do, it's by a blonde, thinking I'm Kenny Rogers.

 This is:
Every one, take a minute, go email my mom or sister, and ask about THE Kenny Rogers incident, it's epic.
Alex, told me, this is a "face palm".

Picnic

It was a rough night. This blue balloon was everyone's favorite. And poor Claire had kids gettin' all up in her stuff. Sharing is hard sometimes.

Look at Kees's face.

Talking to Stephen, he's out of town for a Christmas celebration, so they texted and called to get through this game. Brother love!














 I should also mention, another repeat from Facebook, that I got a sports injury last night.  I was chasing Kees and Kora around the house....which we all know is bad. No running in the house, and here's why: As I was barreling around a corner, my pinky toe clipped the corner of the loveseat (at full speed), then the momentum kept me going and I "face palmed" the wall.  It could be a lot worst, my full speed isn't that fast.  I'm in a little pain this morning, but I'll live.  Now, everyone, go message my dad, and ask him about the time he bit through his tongue during a Dallas Cowboys game.





Okay, that top shot was taken a few months back when I went to see Wicked with Doug's mom and her then boyfriend, now fiance. I didn't even realize he was a Bama fan until the second time I was getting in the car.  I rode in his vehicle under protest, not because I dislike Bama, but because why is he not an OU fan, he lives in Oklahoma.  I had NO clue that we'd be playing them in the Sugar Bowl. Don't think anyone would have predicted it since Bama was supposed to be in the National Championship game till Auburn upset them. CRAZY!






Because my legs are starting to look like an ashtray. (My skin loved the heat and humidity in Thailand, and now it's freakin' out!)


I found this gem in  THIS article. You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment