Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Frosty Pepper, I love you

Thursday:

We met some friends and their kids at Chick fil a. I was so busy eating and trying to wrap my mind around the cold front that I didn't get any pictures. 

I should also mention, that this trip involved a lot of Kora waking up and crying, blast that train! I felt like I was being tortured with sleep deprivation. Traditionally our kids a pretty good sleepers, and there are many, many nights I don't hear a peep out of either of them. Let's take a moment to appreciate that fact instead of dwelling on this one week where we faced what many parents have before us. Kids are worth it!

After lunch we drove to Waco to meet our friend Mark at the Dr Pepper museum. The kids slept on the way, and I tried not to lament the cold and general bleariness. 



We got to the museum a little before Mark and looked around the gift shop and soda fountain area.



Here's Kees watching out the window for Mark!

Here's a few more pictures from around the museum:


This guy was creepy. I tried to listen to his spiel since we paid good money for the museum, but I just couldn't do it...


This well was completely covered, and not dangerous, however, Kees wouldn't go near it! 

Kora wasn't afraid, I wish this picture wasn't blurry!!!










Okay, my official review of the museum, from a Dr Pepper lover, it wasn't that awesome and not worth the entrance fee, in my opinion, but our kids were free, so that balanced it out a little. There was a free sample at the end of the tour and it was made at the soda fountain, pretty small sample, but good. 

The Frosty Pepper saved the day, I was so busy slurping it down, I didn't even get pictures!!! Kees had a Dr Pepper float, run of the mill, but the Frosty Pepper is blended, and it's not soda and ice cream, it's soda SYRUP and ice cream. To. Die. For!  I've been mildly obsessed ever since...


It was an hour and a half drive back to Saginaw, we hadn't seen Moma T. and Aunt Nette yet, so I texted to see if we could stop by to visit. I thought we'd just eat fast food on the way, but they said they had plenty of cheesy spaghetti to share, so we pounced on that offer!









Friday:

This was by far the craziest busiest day of our trip! And maybe that explains why I have do few pictures. We went to downtown Dallas for breakfast/lunch with the Bisbees. Then they went with us to Abilene to see the Chapmans. Then we buzzed across Texas to Burleson to see my cousin Kelsa and his family. We only got to visit with them for 45 minutes, then we met my cousin Vecky and her family for dinner. We were running 10 minutes late everywhere we went, so when we sat down at dinner, our last stop, I breathed a big sigh of relief!

On the way to Dallas:




On the way to Abilene, kids squeezed in a nap.



Traffic

Kora found a girl to play with at the restaurant. That little girl was wearing purple pants and a striped shirt, Kora had striped pants and a purple shirt. We found out this girl is also 2, Kora is officially a pixy, that is all. ;)

All of our visits were great! We knew the Bisbees back in bible school, we were all newly married! They were over almost every day there for a while and we always had a great time. It was fun to hear what they've been up to and we're excited to see where God takes them in the future. We also knew the Chapmans back in those days, they're heading to Nicaragua in the next year or so with their 2 girls. 

And of course time with family is always great. If seems like we mostly see wvwryone in small groups, so it was nice to see families one at a time and talk. Love, love my family!!! (Not sure why I didn't get pictures, but they might not have wanted to be on the blog anyway). 

No comments:

Post a Comment