Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wordy Wednesday: I photo-bombed Kathy Troccoli

True story.  I went to a women's gathering that was led by Kathy Troccoli.  Please, go google her, and listen to her stuff on youtube.  She's great.

Songs of hers you may know:

"My Life is in Your Hands"  (Check it out here.)
"Go Light Your World"  (Check it out here.)
"Everything Changes" (This one is quite the 80s pop song, funny video! Check it out here.)

So, during a long intermission, Kathy was taking photos and signing autographs.  One of my "new best friends" was in line to get her picture.  Another lady said we should photo-bomb her.  I crawled over and hid behind the counter Kathy was sitting on, and sprung out for the BEST photo bomb ever.  The look on Kathy's face and the lady taking the picture was so funny.  The photo bombing picture is on my friend's phone and she STILL hasn't posted it to facebook.  Hopefully, when she does I can add it to this post.

UPDATE (here's the photo!!!):



But here's one my other "new best friend" Louise took of almost all of us at dinner.


The name of the conference was "Hope's Alive".  Kathy shared about some hard times she has gone through over the last 20-30 years while she has been in the music business and lost her mom to cancer.  It was nice to hear a speaker be real about some of her struggles and encouraging about the hope she has found in Christ.  I think it's so important that women be brave enough to be real, especially with close friends and family.  It makes you vulnerable, but it also allows you to have a support system in place that knows exactly what you are facing.  They can pray for you better, and walk with you through the hard times.  I've been on both ends of that scenario, and let me tell you, I NEVER EVER mind being the one to walk with someone else through the hard times, because I know how it feels to "go it alone".  I sincerely wish no one would ever feel like they have to do that.  More than likely you have at least one person close by, who is willing, you just have to set aside your pride, and be honest, first with yourself and then with them.  And most of all, even if there isn't even one person, there is a God who cares far more than we can ever fathom, and He can and WILL carry you through if you let him.

(Please excuse these terrible and very blurry photos. Just blame it on my cold, lack of sleep, and the crazy amount of estrogen in this room)





I am thankful for where God has us right now, and for the many, many people in my life that I can turn to.  And most of all for the love, grace, patience, and understanding God has shown me in the last year.  He is so, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment