Monday, September 22, 2014

Manic Monday: Alphabet Beads


I found alphabet beads, at you guessed it, Dollar Tree.  Then I took a skewer (long poky wooden stick) and glued one regular bead at the non-pointy end.  That keeps the beads from sliding off.  Kees used his sight word cards, to spell out his words.



This weekend when I was on a ladies retreat, we stopped by Hobby Lobby and I found similar beads, 160 count for 2.99.  The package from Dollar Tree was 325 for $1.

I also made an alphabet stick, just put the abc's on the stick, and glued a bead to each end to hold them on there.  Now we can sing the alphabet song and move each letter bead as we say the letter.



For older kids, this would be a FUN way to practice spelling words. It slows down the process, because they have to find each letter.  That's a good thing!  It'll help them remember their words for those spelling tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment