Saturday, September 13, 2014

Flashback Friday: Cotton Candy Beard

Friday:


The last day of our first week of school and I was SO ready for the weekend!!!


Kees found this workbook and had so much fun circling words that began with each corresponding letter.


Sight words!


I have loved homeschooling so far (it's been 4 days for this first 'real' year, since Kees is doing Kindergarten).  Kora has participated so much more than I expected and when Kees is working, and she wants to work too, she grabs her art bucket and stays busy right next to him.

 She knows how to hang her work on the fridge.  And for the record, she chose the elf outfit sans pants.  And we can wear whatever we want because it's homeschool.

And we can put marker lids on our toes, why not?

I say the words and then Kees turns them over. After a couple rounds that way, I have him say the words and I turn them over.

At lunch, the kids had chicken.  Kora decided she needed mayonnaise with hers.

She got the spoon and the mayo.

As she was climbing up into her chair, she was saying, "Me dude it, me dude it!"

Well, I walked out to this scene. If you look closely you can see my kids threw streamers (from a pom-pom) off the balcony. They were watching them fall (i.e. LITTERING!)  So, we grabbed a sack and went down to pick up the mess we made, and discussed AGAIN, how we don't throw things off the balcony.

 Good job Kees, thanks for cleaning up!

After we cleaned up, we enjoyed some amazing weather.  And the grass is so marvelous!







I had to run back up and grab drinks for the kids.

They decide to "help" me drink my tea.

Kora wanted help to get up.




















After we came back up, they took turns swinging the duck.

And Kees decided to make some silly faces.





Kora joined in...



When Doug got home, he wrestled with the kids.


Doug wasn't feeling great, so we left him to rest, and watched Robin Hood.


Kora fell asleep watching the movie, and as soon as it was off, Kees went to sleep too.


Saturday:


Game Day, Game Day, Game Day!!!  The OU game was at 9 am our time.  Our church was having a block party from 11-2, but we were late because we had to watch the game.  We won! Hooray!  And of course we dressed in our colors.  I wanted a picture with the kids before we left, and Doug figured out a way to get himself in the picture too.  So funny!


 YES! Sno Cones!


This was the first time we'd been back behind the church, yeah, we're new.  Anyway, they have a fire pit, and the best shady area!  So gorgeous!!!









Cotton candy!!!








Look at that string of cotton candy, then look at those eye lashes!!!
 Cotton candy beard!












All the boys were dousing themselves with cups of water (the ice bucket challenge).  One little boy, saw an opportunity to splash Kora.  He looked at me first, to make sure I didn't mind, and I nodded okay.  I was kind of curious how she would react and it wasn't that much water, just a tiny cup full.
  First she yelled at him...
 Then she cried.  (I snapped the picture and then picked her up, poor baby.)


As soon as we got home, Kora needed to take her shoes off.

And Kees needed to ride this cart like a skateboard.

Relaxing back at home.  My leg makes a great runway for their airplanes.

And she's out!  We had been listening to Taylor Swift's song "Shake It Off" the last few days.  Kora snuggled up, watched the video twice, then rolled over and went to sleep.  Sweet baby!


I decided to go shop.  I found Frosted Flakes on sale for $1 at Big Lots, AND for every 3 boxes I bought, we got a free book from Scholastic.  When I got home, I opened all the boxes, punched in the codes, selected my books, and they are on their way!  I know, I know, I'm such a hoarder.  But it was a great deal, and I just have a tiny grocery store in my closet.  When we run out of something I go check what I have hoarded up.  Cereal for a $1, that's hard to beat!!!


Sunday:


Kees and Kora went to Sunday school, still having no problem with that.  Kora goes to nursery during church, and the bigger kids go to church through the song service, and then go to children's church.  Kees usually just stays with us and takes a nap.  This week I decided to go with him to children's church, hoping he'll get used to it and go without me.  So far, he'll only go if he is with Kora.  Baby steps...

The lesson was on creation.


Since the weather was amazing, they got to play outside.

After church, Doug was going to take me for street tacos because I haven't been in forever.  Unfortunately they were closed, so we found a different street truck.  Doug got an elk burger, I got a pastrami sandwich, and the kids shared a grilled cheese and ended up getting a second one.  We also got FREE curly fries.





Doug squirted mustard all over himself.  He's telling us about it...
  Yum!









The street truck was in the Goodwill parking lot.  So I HAD to go in.  Some of the children's books were half off. They are normally 49 cents, so half off makes them just 25 cents.  We ended up with 43 new books for just $14.  AWESOME!!!








Monday:


Homeschooling in our jammies!  Kees loves his pajamas.  He's gonna be so sad when he outgrows these.




Yes, at lunchtime, we were still in our jammies....

Monday was a good day for a nap.  We don't do this everyday, but somedays it's just necessary for my sanity.

Monday night was the first night of my ladies bible study.  And I stopped on the way home to look for blackout curtains.  We got a projector, so we need to make it dark during the day, so we can watch football!!!  (I didn't buy anything)

When I got home from bible study, I got the kids to clean their room.  Kees does most of the cleaning, but Kora helps some.




Tuesday:


We did school in the morning, and I guess I forgot to get pictures all morning, but we played outside in the afternoon and I got a bunch of great ones!



























Kora decided I should wear her bow, and then kept insisting on fixing it for me.


Kora says, "Me dude it!"  all the time.  It's one of her favorite phrases.



Kees wanted to take the baby swing outside with us, and my rule is they can take what they can carry, but they have to bring it back up.  Kora carried the swing to the stairs, and then Kees carried it up the stairs.  He was getting tired, so Kora went back down and helped him.  Such little sweeties.



On the balcony, playing with the pine cone family.

I made Bowtie Festival for dinner.  It wasn't as good as the last time I made it, but I used mozzarella instead of parmesan and I didn't have milk.  It was still yummy.

After dinner, I ran to the store and bought curtains.  Kees always waves goodbye when I leave.


Wednesday:

Kora woke up before Kees, and she had so much fun playing with the tripod that goes with the projector.


Breakfast!


Another random day, where I forgot to take pictures, until dinner time.  Our kids got mail from Gramee and Grampa. They were so happy. Gramee sent stickers!







We watched Anastasia!

We had mexican for dinner, but I was attempting to make a yummy pulled pork for BBQ and street tacos for lunches.  It did not turn out as anticipated.  I was so bummed!!!!  I followed a recipe, and it has been good in the past, not sure what went wrong!



Thursday:

Sight words, he is doing so well!

Kora has been doing really well too.  She likes to sit by Kees while he works.  And sometimes she just gets her art bucket and does her own thing.

Playing pizza restaurant.



Well, my Wednesday blog post was about how we've been so mellow lately.  Just hours later, Kora fell backwards off her Minnie Mouse car (pictured above). She fell back into the wall and the car came up and whacked her in the face. She had a busted lip and a cut on her eye lid.  She barely cried, and then when I tried to sit down with her to comfort her, she started wailing because she didn't want to sit down. She wanted to go back and play.  Tough girl!

Doug had bible study Thursday night, but we ate dinner and he did sight words with Kees before he left.


Kees loves school work!

Eating her third helping of yogurt.  I gave my kids a small portion of fish to eat and promised popcorn if they ate their dinner.  Kora didn't eat her fish.

Marshmallow Popcorn, YES!

We watched Dumbo, so good, and more sad than I remembered.


I was telling my parents about our popcorn and movie, and my dad was so offended that I fed my kids, what he called "boiled fish".  I did not boil our fish, and it was similar to what you see here, seasoned well and cooked in a foil packet in the crock pot.  My dad said any fish that isn't fried is GROSS!  So I asked Kees, who did eat it, what he thought it tasted like, he said, "It tasted like fish toot-toot"  (Toot toot is what Kees calls pee/urine)


And in random web surfing news, WHAT?!  That is NOT Ohio State.  I'm not an Oklahoma State fan, but I'm still offended by this!



No comments:

Post a Comment