Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wordy Wednesday: The BEST Investment

While we were at bible camp, I kept thinking about how the investment we make in people is never wasted.  And then I started feeling convicted, because I often think of "people" as everyone other than my own family.  I think part of our fleshly desire to invest in everyone except for those closest to us, is wrapped up in pride. Who really notices if I'm investing in my family?

Um, God.  God notices.  And if that's not reason enough, our kids notice. They know, more than anyone if they are truly a priority in my life.  I hear (and have said) so many times how important our kids are to us, do they feel like they are?  I can get so distracted, and a whole day will pass and I'll think, "Ugh, I blew it! I missed opportunities to read with my kids, share a snack, laugh, run, sing, play a game, or just snuggle."

So my challenge to all of us chaotic parents, who do all sorts of things, is to slow down and FIRST invest in our families.  Then branch out from there, TOGETHER!


(And in random update news, today is our second day of "homeschool", and it has gone SO, SO much better than our first day.  Our first day was okay, but stressful at times. Today has been much better, I had to regroup, and get crafty, and now we are on our way! Hooray!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment