Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Blonde Moments

Okay, I'm always sharing about silly stuff my kids do.



So I decided I should tell on myself this week.

Story #1:

Last week, I was shopping at Winco.  They sell food in bulk.  It had been a crazy day, and it was late at night.


So, I set my keys down on top of one of the bins, while I was scooping something out of another one. I almost walked off without noticing.  I think to myself, "how silly, this'll be funny to write about in the blog, I should get a picture of my keys sitting there."

Then I started rummaging through my purse looking for my phone or camera, and find neither.  And walked away WITHOUT MY KEYS!

I spent a LONG time shopping, paid for my stuff, then couldn't find my keys.  Seriously?!  So I had to go back through the store, and thankfully they were still sitting there.  And I couldn't help but smile and think about my poor mother, who has dealt with me and this issue for 30 years now. I am famous for setting money on shelves at the store when I was a kid and leaving it there.  Or losing favorite toys.  Or leaving books at school or home, or forgetting my lunch.  Now that I'm 31, all I can think is, "It's only gonna get worse!!!"

Story #2:

This week, I was shopping at Costco (Idaho's Sam's Club).  And they had SERIOUS winter gear.  Like hand warmers, and heating systems, HUGE coats, snow boots, snow boards, snow gloves, etc.  It was insane.  And here I was, in my flip flops and capris, thinking, "I'm not ready!!!"  Then I thought, at least I know it's gonna be warm the next few days, and I am so happy I'm wearing my flip flops, even if it IS the last time.

I checked out, decided to get a slice of pizza and a drink.  You have to pay cash at the concession thingy at Costco.  I learned this the hard way a couple months back when the kids and I were planning to meet Doug for a picnic and ended up waiting in a 15 minute line, only to be told I had to have cash.  The only ATM charged a fee, so I went back through the store, just to buy something and get cash back, and was finally able to get food.  That was the same day, I thought I had to leave my cart over to the side, so I had both kids OUT OF THE CART.  Kora was so restless that I put her on my shoulders, and then in all the hub bub of needing cash almost dropped her on her head.  Talk about flustered!

So this time I made sure I had cash.  Didn't check the coins too closely until I started trying to find 73 cents and kept pulling out Canadian coins.

You'd hope, as late at night as it was, and as old as I am, that that would be the end of the stupidity, but just as I was leaving, I stubbed my toe HARD on the metal part of the Costco table, in my FLIP FLOPS.   That's what I get for bragging to myself about still being able to wear them!

Sometimes, you just gotta laugh.  I'm getting better at that, maybe because I'm losing my mental faculties at an alarming rate, and maybe because I know I can write about it, and someone else can laugh at my stupidity.  Either way, laughter is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment