Monday, May 13, 2013

The rat that stole Mother's day!

Day 50:

Monday: language sessions, home school, swimming, a yummy chicken salad wrap with homemade tortillas for lunch, a failed attempt at nap time, more school work, a visitor, and a fabulous Mother's day evening full of wonderful surprises.
For my lesson today, we watched a video of my baking class, then practiced saying everything. Then, we went in the kitchen and made brownies, I described what I was doing as I was doing it.  Kind of like I have my own baking show.  I sent Kruu Jeab home with one of my 3 bags of pecans my parents sent me.  It was hard to part with them, but I love her, so I shared.  Pecans are crazy expensive here, like $30 for 2 cups.

Kees hid these letter tile thingys, while Kora was finding them, her pants fell right off!  Guess they are still a little too big, glad she hasn't inherited my big booty just yet.  Enjoy it while it lasts Kora!!!

Kees was pretending that the corner where the big plastic tub sits was a post office. He had me writing on these letters with a rubber snake.  I had to write to all the grandparents and ask them if they wanted a package.  I tried to extend the activity into writing actual letters, but Kees looked at me like I was a crazy person when I suggested it.


That tummy is too inviting.  Kora was watching Kruu Jeab leave.

Kees had me laughing like crazy!  On the left, he told me, "Momma, sorry I'm late, Kora got my phone wet and I had to use this turtle phone and it's disgusting.  It has 4 teeth."  On the right, he was giving me a water pedicurep The butter in that clam had honey, shrimp, and marshmallows in it.

Fa stopped by while we were painting with watercolors.

Okay, I was disappointed that Doug was out of town this weekend and we didn't have time to really celebrate Mother's day.  Mr. Tomlinson, went above and beyond this evening by taking me out to get a new cup and to window shop at Index Living Mall.  Then we searched the city and finally found the Art Cafe.  I had a chicken avocado sandwich and Doug had a burger, plus milkshakes, and toffee cheesecake for dessert!  And the best part, commemorative photos at Thapae gate, the old gate to the city!  I have pictures from this evening, but all the good ones Doug took haven't synced with my ipod and now my ipod WON'T charge, which means I won't be able to take photos of our day tomorrow!  I'm so bummed!  For now, I have a few I took!
Kees buying my cup, my new purse he helped me pick is in the background as well.

Grilled cheese, avocado bacon burger, and chicken sandwich.

Chocolate milkshakes!

Kora had ketchup.

Near Thapae gate, this model was being photographed, but time stood still when they saw Kora toddle along.  Guess this is her modeling debut.

On the way home at 7-11, love seeing things like this.  I think these are banks.

Okay we were walking near Thapae gate, and walked over to the moat.  I saw a rat the size of a small dog scurry down to the moat to get some water.  It was huge.  Doug tried to get a photo, but it didn't really turn out.  So sad.  I was actually kind of excited to see it.  I couldn't believe the irony, since I just mentioned a couple days ago that I've never seen one. It was the perfect end to the perfect Mother's day!  There should be more pictures coming your way...eventually.  We have a couple good ones with me and the kids under the Thapae gate sign.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blogs! I hope Kees decides to write letters to grandparents eventually. Would be so cool go get one. Kora did not love fries? That is soommeee hamburger!

    ReplyDelete