Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I might be cheatin' on my Momma's sweet tea

Day 52:

Breakfast with the babies involved Kees making pretend sandwiches for me and Kora helped me eat my food.

Time in the school room, Kora used the clothespins and the tiny basket to practice her fine motor skills and Kees worked on building the tallest building ever, Kora knocked it over a few times, and it kept falling over.
That's his server hat.  It's from the Pizza Company an employee gave it to Kora one time cause she's cute.

Look how tall it got!!
She loves it!

Love that smiling face! He had a good sense of humor about all the times Kora knocked his robot tower over.

For lunch we went to 39 Baht steak, stir fried veggies were amazing and have I ever mentioned Cha Manao?
Um, yeah.

If I have, it's still worth mentioning again, and if I haven't let me tell you, if you ever come here, put this drink on your Thailand bucket list.  Some places you get it and it's okay, but at 39 Baht, it's strong and sweet, with a little lime twist.  Mmmm, I want more now!  The first time we ever tried this fabulous tea was at cell group and the couple hosting us bought a few bottles of the stuff and squeezed the lime in it fresh.  We'd never had it before, but once we tried it, of course we saw it everywhere.  Also, 39 Baht has the good ice, like Sonic ice in the states.  Okay, for real, this stuff is addicting and will change your life in the best way possible. Also, today, they gave us our rice in the shape of a heart!

When we left the house, I was a bit of a "hot mess", that's what the kids call it these days right? When you just haven't put your face on or combed your hair.  So I scrounged around and found a few of Kora's hair clips and pulled this side braid out of my bag o tricks.  It was a small victory for mankind.  You're welcome.


The best tea in the history of the world! Except my Momma's sweet tea which is my first true love and I could never fully betray that love, but I might be cheating on it, just a little.

Kora ran all around the place the WHOLE time, except when Doug wrangled ten minutes of eating out of her.  The rest of the time the employees entertained her.

Sweet pea!

Home for nap time and study time.  It's nice that Kora napped for us again and we got some great study time out of the deal.  I try to listen to my Thai lessons for 2-3 hours a day, plus my time with Kruu Jeab.  After and 1 1/2 today, I was getting restless, so I went to the plastic shop and walked around while I listened.

We had quesadillas  (my computer is racist and says that "quesadillas" is spelled wrong and the ONLY suggestion it's giving me is "quadrilles", hello, Tex-Mex has been around a while, get with the times!) for dinner with homemade tortillas I made earlier this week and we are educating our friend Alicia on all things Marvel movies, tonight it's Captain America, then we'll head out to cell group.  Maybe they'll introduce us to another new food or drink that will be life-changing...mmm...can't wait to find out!

If anything amazing happens I'll try to update this post when I get home tonight, but don't hold your breath, it feels like the kind of day that sleep will win over adding to the blog...just sayin!  Love y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment