Friday, May 17, 2013

Let the hoarding begin, er, I mean continue.

Day 54:

Last day of the week! Thank you Lord! I am worn out.  I did not want to get up this morning AT ALL, but I did and I was able to get my Thai study time in and go "shopping" at Alicia's house, which basically turned into me inheriting all of her stuff.
All those question words.  I made a game, we rolled the dice to choose which square, then we'd ask the other one the question based on the next roll of just one die.  We laughed so much my cheeks hurt after, but I do have fat cheeks, so those muscles have to work hard to move the excess. Who remembers: "Momma says babies with fat cheeks can't smile..." I was always the best at this game cause my cheeks are naturally fat.

I ran out to start a load of laundry and the kids managed to dump 5 drawers and Kora did this little number.

I curled my hair, it last 12 seconds. It's so hot and humid, there's really no point in make up because it sweats right off. Oh well, I tried.

I may have *slight* hoarding tendencies, but my Grandpa Tawater and my dear mother have been known to hoard here and there, so I guess I come by it honestly.  You may call it hoarding, I call it, making creative use of items available to me.  Okay, so my Grandpa Tawater used to stock up when they'd have good deals, he always paid cash, and he'd have us grandkids go in different check outs and we'd all buy up to the limit.  He had a separate freezer for the Bluebell ice cream and the "guest" room had special shelving to house all the 2 and 3 liter drinks. Wish I had access to some of that Dr. Pepper right about now. :)  My mom, on the other hand, while having enough stored food items to feed an army twice over, doesn't hoard the same way as her daddy.  She hoards teacher things, recyclables, and *trash* that has sentimental value.  I have no desire to make my momma cry by calling those treasures trash, but no exaggeration, she has a tiny pie plate that used to have stickers of Mary and Joseph on it that she has kept for, oh 25 years. We're not even sure which one of us made it, but my mom is nothing if not a collector of memories and traditions. I've grown to love that about her! So there.

Such a side track, anyway, so Alicia is passing on all the items she's not taking back to America, and while I haven't reached the level of hoarding of either of my predecessors, I do try to make good use of free items, God has provided for us many times through the generosity of others.  That's how I got my kitchen aid, a pack n play, and a new hair straightner just days after my curling iron broke.  Funny cause lots of the stuff we've inherited, is similar to stuff we gave away before we moved here.  So, for me, stuff is easy come, easy go. God provides what we need when we need it.  But I do have a tendency to purge our house frequently and if I haven't used it and won't be using it soon, I try to pass in on or trash it.  I got that from my dad, he's a trasher, chucker, all around "get this clutter" off my counter kind of guy. So I'm the perfect blend. :)



My view, little baby heads, we walked to Alicia's, I may have taken a long way around on accident. Kees kept telling me we were going the wrong way, I kept saying, we'll find it eventually.

Someone in our neighborhood is apparently making metal chairs to sell I imagine. So interesting!

We saw two of these!

Here's some of the houses we saw on our way.

Sigh, she's so crazy!

Kees gave me this flower for Mother's day!

Then he helped daddy load the truck with all our new goodies.

Wow! That's a truck load!  It's lots of small storage stuff, dishes, office supplies etc.  I'm excited to put some of those containers to good use in our school room!

This tree is across from Alicia's house, I think it might be pomegranates, but I'm not sure.

This should have given me a hint that she was feeling free spirited today, (uh hum, like everyday). We got to Tesco Lotus and she was so crazy! She just wanted to get down and run around. She was head butting me and yelling.  Aye, yai, yai!

Doug wanted me to show you guys that tiny pink truck.

This afternoon was my doctor's appointment to check on if the B12 supplements have increased the stores of B12 in my body, and my number tripled!!!  No wonder I've felt less tired, I think, as a mom, I'll always experience fatigue, but I've been able to go days and days in a row without getting sick and needing lots of naps and that's HUGE!  My iron is still low, so I'm also adding a multivitamin, but all around, I've seen a lot of improvement already. Yay!  I had to walk to the doctor's office from Tesco.  It was further than I was thinking and crazy hot.  I also had the choice of crossing a busy street or going over it on this bridge thingy.  I always forget about my fear of heights until I'm halfway up a ladder or in this case standing above traffic.  There was no railing and I had an irrational fear that I might get blown off.  It wasn't windy, but still.  One time, in Castle, OK, it was windy and I got slammed between the house a screen door because a storm was coming. Granted I probably weighed about 100 lbs less back then, but still.  So I crossed the overpass and survived, then waited for 45 minutes to see the doctor, got my results and headed back. 
Love the mountains here!

Okay, so I said there was no railing, but I guess there is.  It didn't feel like there was one and the railing didn't even reach to my knees so it doesn't provide much protection.

Waiting at the doctor's office, listening to Thai like a rock star.

On my way back over after my appointment, crazy amount of wires!

I had two attempts at lunch, this was my third!  First I ordered Caow Soy, the noodle dish with chicken, instead of being yellow and eatable, it was red and spicy times 7 trillion,  I ate 2 bites, then had to get Pad Thai, it was good, but didn't fill me up.  So on the way home Doug stopped so I could get this kebab from the "Kebab Zone" at Big C.  Does anyone remember Alicia and I eating kebabs at the market a few weeks ago, I have been obsessed with finding them ever since, but haven't been successful. The other day, after I'd already eaten I saw the kebab zone and have been patiently awaiting an occasion to get one. It. did. not. disappoint. at. all!!!

Kees offered to write my blog for me.  Maybe in a couple years I'll get him to guest post for me!

I spent time this evening unpacking all our new treasures and finding their new homes. And now we are watching the second Star Wars movie because Alica has never seen them.  I'd make fun of her, but I think I was in my 20s before I saw them too, so I don't really have room to judge.  Doug keeps being offended that we don't understand all his Star Wars references and such.  Tomorrow, I sincerely hope I get to sleep late. late. late.  Hope you all are having a great Friday, it's almost weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Do you think Kora is having sugar reaction lol
    I KNOW that Mary & Josph ornament was yours and it IS still precious to me. It screams Christmas!! Kids and Jesus birth.And yes the V.B.S.hoarding has begun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I blame sugar when my kids act crazy? Done and done. And yay VBS hoarding, you hoard with the best of em,but it makes you...you!

    ReplyDelete