Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The best bathroom in Thailand!

Day 45:

Maybe today would be a good day for me to start a countdown until we go to the beach.  I woke up in an indescribably blurry haze.  I think the lack of sleep is catching up to me.  I had a lunch meeting with my language consultant today.  Doug watched the kids while I was gone and I think he is understanding more and more why I'm worn out most of the time.  Kees had friends stop by to play, and then when I got home we set up the pool and let them play.  I was trying to catch up on housework and asked Doug to take a picture, but he didn't get one.  So, here's a shocking fact, that should give you an idea of how tired I am, I have zero pictures of my kids from today.  I took one photo today, and here it is:
No bathroom has ever been more inviting.

I took this picture at the lunch place we went to today.  I like this bathroom because it has toilet paper, toilets like what we're used to, and they are always so clean.  So I snapped a picture, and now I'm so glad because otherwise I'd have nothing to show for my day.

I have been thinking a lot about how to live my life so that I am always content, but never complacent.  That's a tricky one.  But it comes down to looking to the Lord in everything we do.  Being content with what he's provided and where he has us, but continuing to seek opportunistic that challenge us and help us grow.  If I think about it, I don't have to look very hard for that, God has always been faithful to provide those opportunities, but I need to be faithful to recognize them and appreciate them.  I'm still piecing this all together, so it may come up again, but I wanted to share it so you all could be thinking about it and give me some input too.  How do we remain content, but not be complacent?

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there...remember the beach. When I read about your pool I had a thought to pass on. It would be good to add some bleach to your pool. It would kill off some of the harmful germs and you wouldn't have to empty it as often. I know it is impossible to keep the water out of the kids mouths, and since your water isn't potable you might feel better (or I might feel better) knowing the bleach is working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godliness with contentment is great gain!We know the Word tells us that life does not consist in the abundance of the things which we possess and think of the treasures in heaven that are being laid up!little things mean a lot!God blees you all!

    ReplyDelete