Saturday, May 18, 2013

And that's why I stole a granola bar from a pregnant lady...

Day 55:

Lazy Saturday. Well lazy-ish. I did organize a few things here and there.  And we taught English at church. After we taught English, we came back to our house to meet our friend Sharon to go to a graduation party.  While we were waiting a man across the street was burning something, and a truck pulled up near the house next door to pick mangoes from the tree in the yard next to ours. Nobody lives there, so as far as I can tell the fruit is free game.  I've seen several different people pick mangoes from it.
Fire! (the mango tree is right on the other side of that white brick wall.

Where there's fire there's smoke...uh, I mean where there's smoke there's fire.
Doug chatting with a neighbor lady.  I was trying to hunt down my ipod to get a picture of her talking to Kora, but by the time I got back Kora was pulling maps out of the open truck door.


We had been telling Kees we were going to a party.  He decided he really wanted to make a card.  He had me help him write inside.  Kora loves markers, pens, pencils, and crayons, so she insisted on helping too.  I got crayons out for her and let her draw a little.  She gets super excited about that.
Congratulations Andrew!

Okay, so the graduation party was actually a graduation. And it lasted over 2 hours.  Was not expecting that.  The "party" started at 7, and I knew there'd be snacks and cake, so I only ate a little something around 4.  By 8:30, I was starving, I leaned over to Sharon (who is 27 weeks pregnant) and whispered, "I really wish I had a granola bar or something, I'm starving!"  She had a couple in her bag and let me have one.  I felt a little embarrassed and ashamed of myself for taking a granola bar from a pregnant lady, but I really thought I was going to die.  It FELT like an emergency at the time.  We didn't get home until 10 o'clock.  Well past Kora's bedtime, and I had a pretty bad headache, so I went straight to bed.

Hope you all had a great lazy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment