Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Ants Go Marching All Over My Sanity.

Day 65:

Whew! Finally a day that begins and ends with all of us together, it's been a whole week since that happened!  Thankful to be getting back to "normal".

Today has been a test in sanity or insanity.  You be the judge. There are ants all over every thing!  Kees has been asking me to make pudding for over a week and actually I think he may have even asked me a few weeks back and I never made it.  Until today, Doug went out to get groceries for me because Kora has a fever and I'm not feeling very well either.  Hoping a little rest will keep me from getting too sick.  When he got back I decided to go ahead and make the pudding for Kees.  My Mamaw is famous for banana pudding, which is actually a vanilla pie filling recipe with bananas and nilla wafer.  We don't have nilla wafers and Kees wanted chocolate.  So that's what we made.  It's yummy!  Unfortunately, there were so many ants in the kitchen and they were all over my CLEAN dishes in the dish rack! What???  Doug had to de-ant the place after I went on a little tirade about how they're everywhere.  I should also mention that Doug called pest control this morning, so they'll be out later this week.  And wouldn't you know, after all the ants that I've dealt with lately, I found them inside my washing machine!  What could they possibly want in there!
Okay, I lied about yesterday, I DID have this one picture of the ants, and I wasn't going to share it, but I felt it would help you visualize my frustration.


Guess what Doug brought home for lunch!!!!

MMMMM...Kebab!

Both kids needed a nap today, and Kees said he needed music to fall alseep.  He's so funny.
Kees and his music box.

Doug and I had a nice long chat while the kids rested. It was nice, it's the closest thing we'll be getting to a date, so we'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment