Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Here and There and Everywhere

Day 63:

I went to church with the new friends Alicia introduced me to before she went back to America. They drove me to the Thai church we usually go to, so I got to show them around.  It's weird to be the "veteran" anywhere in Thailand.  I still feel like such a newbie.  I gave myself a pep talk before I left, trying to convince myself to keep trying to speak as much Thai as possible.  It worked for the most part, which is nice, cause the other day I confused our cleaning lady and she thought the kids and I were going back to America for good and Doug was staying. I was trying to tell her Alicia was going back to America for good, but I DID figure out she misunderstood me and was able to clear up the misunderstanding.  So that's good.
Kees hiding his popsicle from Kora

Playing with play dough

Kees put all these straws in his play dough and made birthday cake.


Kora kept testing this limit. She's not allowed to go outside.

Ice cream!

While we were at our church, Doug was visiting a church in the Northeast.  He loved it.  I'm trying to convince him to do another guest blog about the conference he attended and his trip.  Y'all can bug him about it on Facebook for me, pretty please!

 
 

 Sunday afternoon we played in the yard and went swimming.

 
Day 64:

Monday dragged and dragged.  Kora was starting to get sick and I was so ready for Doug to be home.  I was still coping with Alicia's departure and in a bit of a funk.  So, no pictures, sorry. :(


2 comments:

  1. You are doing great with communicating. I have been speaking English for 55 years and I still have trouble with people misunderstanding me. Kora makes me smile. Playdough with her foot and testing the limits.

    ReplyDelete