Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wordy Wednesday: Striving

Here's some honesty for you:

We got home Monday evening around 5 pm.  It was so nice to be home, for about 20 minutes. That's when it really sunk in, it wasn't going to feel like home until I did 4 loads of laundry, put all those clothes away, unpacked 3 suitcases plus my backpack, re-organized basically every "zone" in my house, went grocery shopping which involves research and coupon clipping.  And that's all on top of feeding and bathing little people.  Plus, Doug Tomlinson gets a free pass to go back to work.  Oh, and I needed to write this blog, Wordy Wednesday posts and the Friday picture palooza posts are the hardest ones to get done.

These kids are so happy to be home, re-discovering their toys, and putting up with a crazy frazzled Momma.

More honesty for you, I did next to nothing on the list the first night we were home, so I woke up Tuesday feeling exceedingly grumpy. Not to mention the little Tomlinsons are still on Oklahoma time,  2 HOURS EARLY!  We took a nap at 11, before lunch.  I did manage to get laundry done, and I unpacked the suitcases...which only means I put all the stuff in the "general" area it goes.  How on Earth to working moms get all this stuff done!?  I felt pretty worthless and depressed.  Which made me realize, that once again, I was basing my self worth on a check list, and the current list was a mile long, daunting, and no matter how you looked at it was just going to take a little time.

Did I mention we are traveling again in two weeks?  Why did I unpack?

Bottom line, Doug and my kids still love me, even when the house is messy.  And no matter what is on my list, being a crank pot is never the right choice.

More importantly, consider our relationship with Christ.  He loves us and wants us, no matter what state our life is in. Even better, he doesn't expect us to get our act together and clean up our act.  He wants us to rely on him, and trust his timing.  You may look at your life and think, "Geeze I've gotten myself into such a tangled mess, no one would want anything to do with me!" But I guarantee you, God wants you, in any condition, and he will guide you every step of the way.  Your list might be long, and quite frankly, none of us are gonna be diamonds overnight.  Let God do a work in your life, trust him, even when the process is painful and seems to be taking forever.  He'll get you there, you heard me HE will get you there.

Love to all of you!  My house is still in need of some TLC, but we'll get there.  One thing at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment