Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Canadian Hospitality

I'm from the South, we're known for hospitality, but the Canadians I know, aren't dabbling in the arts. They are full on hospitality in a big way.  I'm feeling so blessed!

This picture doesn't do the meal justice. This was dinner last night, pork, mixed veggies, salad with homemade dressings, and herbed potatoes.  Plus strawberry shortcake and fancy tea for dessert.
 We are in Olds right now, Doug has some meetings, and I have a project that has included a couple get togethers while we're up here.  Tomorrow, we will head down to camp.  Every time I turn around I have been so encouraged and blessed by our team up here.  Such sweet people who have treated us better than family, if that's even possible.

Today's lunch at the office!  Two kinds of soup (not pictured), open faced ham/cheese melts, veggies, fruit, cookies, yogurt, and water.  Not to mention all the amazing people!  We were running out of room to sit! :)

All the meals have been superb, great conversations, and tons of little touches that just make you feel special.  I've got some serious warm fuzzies right now, DESPITE the cold weather.  I even had some one run out to Tim Horton's DURING lunch to bring me a French Vanilla coffee, that was out of this world.  I hope I can be have as awesome if any of them come down to visit us in Idaho!

So amazing!  I'm not a coffee connoisseur by any means, but this stuff was better than anything I've ever had at Starbucks. I know, I'm such a turn coat!

No comments:

Post a Comment