Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Taco Tuesday: Bowtie Festival Knock-off

Week #11: Bowtie Festival Knock-off




Here is a link to the recipe, I adapted from.

I'll be right up front, I used significantly more bacon!  I also subbed in almond milk in place of the heavy whipping cream, parmesan in place of the asiago, and I upped the onion to half an onion, so somewhere between 1/4-1/2 cup or so, purple onion.  I would definitely use fresh garlic, if I had it, but we were out, so I just used garlic powder.  Next time, I'd use fresh, for sure, but it tasted fine without too.

Johnny Carinos Bowtie Festival

  • Author: 
  • Recipe Type: Copycat Restaurant Recipes, CopyKat Recipes, Pasta Reicpes
  • Prep time:10 minutes
  • Cook time:25 minutes
  • Serves: 4
Johnny Carinos Bowtie Festival
Johnny Carinos Bowtie Festival is a wonderful dish to make for dinner, by starting with a jar of Alfredo sauce you can save time and have dinner in no time.

Ingredients

  • 1 ounce melted butter

  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic

  • 1/8 cup diced red onion
  • 
1/4 cup diced cooked bacon

  • 1/4 cup diced Roma tomatoes
  • 
1 cup sliced, cooked chicken
  • 
1 ounce heavy (whipping) cream
  • 
1 jar of Ragu Alfredo sauce (I got the Cheesy kind)
  • 
1/8 cup Asiago cheese

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

  • 10 ounces pre-cooked Bowtie Noodles

Instructions

In a heated sauté pan, combine butter, garlic, onions, bacon, tomatoes, chicken, and spice mixture. When onions begin to turn translucent, add heavy cream and Asiago cheese. Once cheese and cream have reduced by half, add Alfredo sauce and bowtie pasta. Toss until well combined and remove from fire. Allow pasta to cool for a few minutes so the cheese and sauce can thicken.

1 comment:

  1. Gwen made a big batch and we took it to some shut ins.they loved it!nice to have good cooks in the family!

    ReplyDelete